Introducing Patriarch Hades

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
Introducing Patriarch Hades

On Monday night I finished Hell for the 17th time with a Fishymancer called Hades.

The Fishymancer is a great build and I really enjoyed playing him although when the Skellies cram a small doorway and can’t kill the monster in the other side or keep the merc from getting to a big target it can get a little frustrating and the Arcane Sanctuary was an absolute nightmare! – I had to drop to players 1 to finish it because of the hard-hitting ghosts killing my merc or the skellies blocking up the path… but on the whole questing with him was great fun.

Unfortunately he had 2 deaths, both in Hell. The first I attribute solely to Arm of King [email protected]#%ing Leoric and that bloody chance to cast Bone Prison – it isn’t much fun being in a cage with a Fanatical Ghost boss pack in the Arcane Sanctuary needless to say he died. The second death was to an FE Frenzytaur boss who I happened to run past as my skellies killed, dealing in excess of 1100 damage to me since I was on full health at the time of death. Most of the times my life got anywhere near being at a dangerous level it was because of the stupid ctc Bone Prison on my [email protected]#$ing wand.

Anyway, being my 17th game-winner there was obviously no shortage of gear lying around to wear, so I could kit him out pretty much as I pleased which turned out to be:

Harlequin Crest Shako w PTopaz
Skullder’s Ire Russet Armour w PTopaz
Weapon1: Arm of King Leoric Tomb Wand/Homunculus Hierophant Trophy w PDiamond
Weapon2: Blade of Ali Baba Tulwar/Rhyme Grim Shield
War Traveller Battle Boots (37% mf)
Goldwrap Battle Belt
Chance Guard Chain Gloves (38% mf)
Nagelring Ring (28% mf)
Wisp Projector Ring (19% mf/13% LAbsorb)
Mara’s Kaleidoscope Amulet (+23 Res All)

My merc would have very much liked to get his hands on an eth Hone Sundan – but wasn’t so lucky, so he had to settle for a perfect normal one, so:

Haseen, Act II Might Mercenary Gear:

Guillaume’s Face Winged Helm
The Gladiator’s Bane Wire Fleece
Hone Sundan Yari (200%)

Even in MF gear his resists were pretty healthy looking:
Code:
Resistances

Fire Resistance        69
Cold Resistance        75
Lightning Resistance   75
Poison Resistance      54
As for Skills and Stats:

Code:
Skills	            Base     w Items

Curses	            +	     9
Amplify Damage	    5	     14
Weaken		    1	     10
Terror		    1	     12
Decrepify           1	     10
Dim Vision          5	     14
Confuse		    1	     10
Attract		    2	     11

Poison and Bone     +	     9
Teeth		    1	     10
Corpse Explosion    20	     29

Summoning Spells    +	     10
Raise Skeleton	    20	     33
Skeleton Mastery    20	     33
Golem Mastery	    2	     12
Summon Resist       5	     15
Clay Golem	    1	     11
Blood Golem	    1	     11
Iron Golem	    1	     11
Fire Golem	    1	     13
Raise Skeletal Mage 1	     11
Revive		    5	     15
Code:
Stats	Base	w Items

Str	95	102
Dex	45	56
Vit	340	347
Ene	50	77
The most useful, and quite possibly only stop for Skelly/Fishymancer info can be found in Nightfish’s Skele-mancer V2.0 Guide. It’s pretty much the only guide I read even though I distributed points a little differently after the base build was complete – anyway, props to NF for writing it.

I’m a little lost as to what to do next in D2. I have a Hammerdin in Nm Act III but he is BOOORRIIINNNGGG! Probably mfing with this guy and my Sorc…

:) matt

edit: the only not shown source of +Skills was 1 Graverobber's Grand Charm

Artagas

Diabloii.Net Member
supermatt said:
On Monday night I finished Hell for the 17th time with a Fishymancer called Hades.
Long live all fishymancers! Grats.
Why the 5 in dim vision? Never found that curse particulary useful.
Not like i have a better suggestion spending those points.

:clap:
Well done, fishy's rock dont they?
After 17 pats, i think you should move to HC, its fun fun..until you die in act 5 hell that is.

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
i've thought about starting HC, unfortunately due to some RL stuff i may be forced to end my D2 career in 3 weeks time

:( matt

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats with teh Fishy.

How many PI Stoneskin bosses did you run into? I noticed you didn't use Marrowalks so you didn't have a good source of magical damage.

Them PI Stoneskins are a pain normally.

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
Artagas said:
Why the 5 in dim vision? Never found that curse particulary useful.
like Nacaa said it's against Gloams and other dangerous ranged attackers.

i could have done without 5 points, but there's not really any shortage of points with the build

edit:

bill_n_opus said:
How many PI Stoneskin bosses did you run into? I noticed you didn't use Marrowalks so you didn't have a good source of magical damage.

Them PI Stoneskins are a pain normally.
yeah, they were a pain. fortunately i didn't get to many of them, but had to just ignore them when they did spawn. when i did the final quest Lister spawned like that and i had to lead him out iof the Throne Room to kill Baal. i did the quest over again on players 4 killing everything just to prove the point

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
TenYearsGone said:
Congrats! Wow, 17 Mats/Pats. That's a lot of questing. I hope everything's alright in RL.

Cheers
yeah, it has been a lot of questing - over 1500 level ups...

as for real life, i'm moving from South Africa to the UK - leaving my computer behind. i may well buy a laptop soon, but at the moment i have a bit of debt so there won't be any gaming/laptops until that is taken care of.

Nightfish said:
Congrats! ;) Glad to see at least one of my guides is producing pats :D
well the other ones are about mfing :p

actually, having been out of D2 for a lengthly period the Fishymancer and your recent mf guides are the only ones i've read...

supermatt

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
No they're not ;) You just haven't read the others. :p
supermatt said:
well the other ones are about mfing :p

actually, having been out of D2 for a lengthly period the Fishymancer and your recent mf guides are the only ones i've read...
yup. i agree. i haven't read the others

:p matt