Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ter, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

Introducing myself

Hello,
    sorry if this is long

I just decided yesterday that it is time for me to try out single player again after a VERY long absence. 4000+ ping rate on Battlenet and my new level 34 HC enchantress getting slaughtered by a warping Lister reminded me that the game never lags like that when I've played locally so I made an SP character for the first time since the beta version of the 1.10 patch.

I have a quest with a friend to play as a team through HC on the ladder so I'll still be playing there some of the time but I mostly play alone even when I'm on battle.net in pw games so this won't be too much of a transition I hope.

I do have a few questions that have kept me playing there rather than by myself and I intend to search past page one here to see if any are already answered. If it isn't too much of an obvious question I'd love any answers I can get though since I stink at searching these forums.

1, The thing that really sent me off to MP in the first place (right after I got the expansion) was that I didn't know there was a way to move items from one character to another and I got frustrated finding nice things I could never use or have room to keep. I still don't really have a clue how to use ATMA so any quick tips would be nice, I do intend to try to read through that whole sticky post.

2, I enjoy trading because I never seem to be able to find the things I want that are Very common to all the build guides and strategies and my lack of muling expertise also made that seem like MP was the place to be. Is there an active trading community or am I really going to become a beggar because I have nothing the people I want to trade with would ever want?

3, My last question is about the gameplay...Is it true that all the "ladder only" runewords, cube recipies, and items are available in SP? I know that with the recent ladder season they have enabled new runewords that weren't even available in the first ladder season...did they update SP to activate these as well?

I generally like to play ranged characters, sorceresses, assassins, necromancers, and an occaisional barbarian...and I love seeing the really great mid level (stuff you can use in the level 20-40 range) drop.

I don't always have the patience to level up enough to use the elites ;)

2. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

welcome to this wonderful place!

all the ladder only runes and items are available in SP, excpet the new ones they recently released. i think. someone else could confirm.

ATMA works easy. just create a new stash, open ure character's file, drag the item from ure char to the stash, other the other way round.
    i personally have a stash for gems, a different 1 for items and another one for runes.

yeah, there are people who trade here.

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Yep, all the uniques and runes.

We can do every runeword from Ancient's Pledge to Stone.

Anything under that you cannot make in SP.

4. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welocme! Enjoy this goodie basket of baked goods and squid repelant. I'm going to apoligize for some of our more zealous members before they come to "welcome" you.

ATMA is the bestest. And we have a giveaway thread and there's a trading forum around here. The stickies will help you with that.

Don't forget to stop by the EMB and DooL where you can relax and kick back. Feel free to tell us more about yourself. We like to know who we trade with, we've been burned a few too many times.

5. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Welcome!

If you're in need of items, you could check out the stickied giveaway thread for some free items to get you started.

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Welcome! Don't forget to use the /players x command for fast levelling, and check out the stickied MP thread if you get the urge to play with some people. I think you'll find that MPers here actually use teamwork and manners - quite refreshing.

Hey, I went an entire post without mentioning bald women!

D'oh!

- Noodle

7. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

I appreciate all the warm welcomes..
    of course I'd love to set up my new characters with some better gear than what has dropped so far but I think I'll wait around a bit before checking into the giveaway threads.

As far as more about me so that the people I trade with can know me better...I'm not sure what to say...I've been here a while and had a pretty successful time trading with other forum members...

I played the 1.10 ladder first season and finally found someone trading what I really wanted only to find out I'd been moved to Non ladder that day so what I got V what I gave wasn't really a very good deal..that lead to a long absence where all my characters but 1 expired...

I've been playing a little on HC recently and had some good success but in the last week I've gotten a ton of lag and lag related deaths which have really frustrated me.

/playersx....I need to remember that.

8. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! ATMA is definitely an awesome program! It has unlimited storage space and allows you to trade and transfer items. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!

9. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Hello Ter, welcome to the SPF!! :) Hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Please make yourself comfortable around here, and wear this lovely pair of shinguards, to prevent certain future nastiness... ;)

10. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

SPF ni yôkoso (welcome to the SPF).

@Noodle san: Almost there... ^-^

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*creates an iron golem using thorns to bash at the shins, thus causding them to implode leaving a free shin kick available, which soon follows as expected*
    Welcome!

12. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Ha, you failed this time, for sure! Ter already had shinguards... :p

13. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Better yet fb, just create iron golems out of shinguards, then they have to use wood or plastic ones which are easily kicked in :D

*edit* Oh and welcome to the SPF Ter =D