Introducing Matriarch Mephista

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Introducing Matriarch Mephista

Mephista has just made it through 3 player hell. The last minion from Listers pack gave her the exp for level 86, which makes her my highest level character ever (I have 3 level 85 characters who were tied for highest before). Also she's the first to finish the game at a player setting higher than players 1.

Since it's 4am here and I do have to work tomorrow, a full update (and a guide, given some time) will follow later. Taking on hell with base vitality and less than 400 life has proven to be possible and even viable...Mephista took a total of 5 deaths in hell, and if it wasn't for Mana Burn being more powerful than it should be, it'd be around 2...a better score than most of my other Patriarchs/Matriarchs.

But now... :sleep:

PS. Baals drop was total and utter crap. Total sell value not even 50k, 3 normal grade (common) set items.

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice. I am very impressed. It makes me wonder if any other base vita builds are realistic. I'm thinking of a kickassin Titan or Barb titan.

Congrats :clap:
crg

Mage11

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on your Matriarch. Going through on base vitality is quite an achievement, and with only 5 deaths too. Well done!

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrates too, any build with base vitality is always impressive. My titan barb can't even get through act II (too many archers).

factotum

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations! I really am going to have to do that Energy Shield Enchantress some time to see if I can match your achievement--although having to be in melee range of Mana Burn bosses might be a problem :).

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
factotum said:
Congratulations! I really am going to have to do that Energy Shield Enchantress some time to see if I can match your achievement--although having to be in melee range of Mana Burn bosses might be a problem :).
My next project will be an melee Enchantress too. I will definitely make use of ES, unsure as to what extend yet though. Obviously slvl 40 is not realistic considering the skill cost of Warmth/Enchant/Fire Mastery and the requirements on equipment otherwise (can't just go for max +skills for a melee build). I'm going to try for a build that can survive small packs for a little while even without ES (to be able to survive Mana Burn packs)...block will of course be vital.
There's still a lot of options that I'll have to consider, I'll post my ideas on the concept sometime soon...there's always good input from this forum =)

factotum

Diabloii.Net Member
Zarhrezz said:
My next project will be an melee Enchantress too. I will definitely make use of ES, unsure as to what extend yet though. Obviously slvl 40 is not realistic considering the skill cost of Warmth/Enchant/Fire Mastery and the requirements on equipment otherwise (can't just go for max +skills for a melee build).
My plan is to have Slvl 16 ES and 16 Telekinesis, which should give around 70% damage reduction at a 1:1 mana to HP ratio (before +skills, obviously). That should leave enough spare to really pump Enchant.

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
factotum said:
My plan is to have Slvl 16 ES and 16 Telekinesis, which should give around 70% damage reduction at a 1:1 mana to HP ratio (before +skills, obviously). That should leave enough spare to really pump Enchant.
I'm thinking to aim for the following distribution (lvl 80):
Warmth 20
Enchant 20
Fire Mastery 20
Fire prereqs 2
Static Field 1
Telekinesis 20
Teleport 1
Energy Shield 1
Lightning Mastery 1
Lighting prereqs 3
Frozen Armor 1
Cold Mastery 1
For a total of 91 points (level 80 with all +2 skills quests done). From there it's either Energy Shield or Frozen Armor.
I'm counting on a +6 to all skills (+4 from equipment, +2 from 3*2 charms) and a prebuff of +3 on Frozen Armor, +6 on Enchant with +3 Fire Mastery and +9 Energy Shield. I think I can actually get 75% block, 90% resist all with the build, too....should be a tank like I've never played before =)

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Amiral said:
just me who don't know what build this is then?
If you do a forum search by "mephista" with my as poster, you should find all the details.
Or you can wait for me to find the time to write a guide, which hopefully will be somewhere this weekend.