Intro thread : Izzak

Izzak

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself :)
I'm Izzak, I've lurked here in the past and decided to create an account.
Haven't played D2 in a couple years, grew tired of D3 and am now coming back to this game.
I was a bnet player back then, going to start playing SP :)
My first character will be a Bone Necro, never played one before and it sounds like fun :D

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome! If you're new to SP and this community in particular, be sure to have a good read of the stickies, and in particular, know what mods are and are not allowed so you don't have to restart again after learning you've used a non-kosher mod. No fun losing all your progress! Also check out the SPTF if you have any interest in trading as you move forward.

Izzak

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the warm welcome :)
I'm only using GoMule and enabling ladder-only runewords, should be fine from what I saw in the rules.

HC isn't really my thing, at least not until I get some practice at D2. Pretty rusty from the several years away

Jamie

Diabloii.Net Member
What is going on, have we had a recruitment drive? :p

Welcome Izzak! I would definitely encourage a bone necromancer, they are so fun and very safe. Mine recently guardianed if you need inspiration, and there are many others in the mat/pat thread.

Also, you should totally play HC^^
For a little while I was trying to encourage players to play SP and was telling people that were sick of b.net and its hackfest that I play with a community of legit SPers and some people showed some interest and messaged me privately. I don't know if any of the people I talked to actually came over or not lol.

sir_cyclops

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome izzak!

For a little while I was trying to encourage players to play SP and was telling people that were sick of b.net and its hackfest that I play with a community of legit SPers and some people showed some interest and messaged me privately. I don't know if any of the people I talked to actually came over or not lol.
Can confirm I was not one of those people :p

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Indeed a major influx of new people. How nice is that?!!

Welcome Izzak. Good luck on your journey here at the SPF, and with the Bonemancer in particular.

Since you are starting over from scratch, may I suggest you join the untwinked 99er challenge? It's a lot of fun, you get a lot of good feedback, and it's so much more rewarding posting about the character and feeling part of a crazy team of people ;).

Bobbo

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome! Great to see a bunch of lurkers like myself come out of hiding, it's been a blast actually participating in the community instead of just sitting on the sidelines, good choice! Now get over to the untwinked lvl 99 challenge and hack away!