Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Intro/Question

Discussion in 'US East Standard - Ladder' started by GMonz, Jul 28, 2010.

1. GMonz

GMonz IncGamers Member

Intro/Question

Hey guys,

Used to trade on this website back in the day..I just wanted to say hello and such. Also I had a question...I see a lot of people say "send a mule" etc. and when I searched the forums I got a pretty complicated way to do it. I was just wondering what the purpose of creating a new account and stuff is?

Thanks. Sorry if this is in the wrong place or something. I figured it would belong in the trade forums.

2. mztan

mztan IncGamers Member

Re: Intro/Question

The purpose of creating a new account is to use that account as a vessel for handling the trade. That way, the password can be shared between the two trading parties without giving the other party access to your main account. Also, this allows for the trade to be completed at each party's convenience.

Party A sets up the mule account, and puts his goods on it. He then PMs party B the username/password information. Party B retrieves the items on the mule and in return puts the items he's trading away on the mule. Party B PMs party A notifying him that the trade is complete.

Of course, this requires that Party B is a reputable trader; as such, newer players are usually the ones encouraged to "send a mule".

3. Iwantsleep

Iwantsleep IncGamers Member

I think a better place for the thread would be the Newcomer's forum, but to answer your questions:

There's nothing complicated about a mule trade.
    1. Set up an agreement of items to trade
    2. Create a new account with a password that is preferably different from your main account, as well as a mule on the account
    3. Load the mule with the stuff that you are trading
    4. PM the person you are trading the mule's account name and password
    5. The person takes the item you are trading and loads the mule with the items he's trading
    6. They'll notify you when the trade is done, or you can check your mule at a later time
    7. You mule the item from the trade mule to your main account

The advantage is that you don't have to catch each other online at the same time.

There are a couple reasons for making a new account for trade mules:
    1. You can play your main account while the other person is completing the trade at their leisure.
    2. You minimize the risk of losing your items in case the person you are trading with turns out to be untrustworthy. You'd only be losing the stuff on the trade mule, as opposed to all the stuff on your main account.

4. FireMarshal

FireMarshal IncGamers Member

"Sending a mule"

Two people agree on a trade, they can either chose to meet in game and trade or send a mule. The majority of the people on these forums are GM people.

If they agree to send a mule, one person would create an account (or use one of their existing accounts that they have used before) places the item on a character and PMs the other person the acct/pass. Once that person has gotten the item in their possession, they leave the item to be received by the other back onto the mule. Then the first person takes the item off it and the trade is completed.

The purpose would be to allow people to trade at all times of the day without always being available.

Welcome to the forums!

rofl...I'm too slow.

5. dhopisthename

dhopisthename IncGamers Member

6. GMonz

GMonz IncGamers Member

Oh that makes total sense...I had no idea why people did it. Thanks guys. Seems harmless enough