Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Intro Post

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Spankie, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Spankie

Spankie IncGamers Member

Intro Post

Coming back to Diablo after a long absence. I have been playing, very baddly and slowly since about 6 months before LOD came out. My cousin is the one that got me hooked... and to think I started out rolling my eyes at him when he would start blathering about skellymancers, summoners and bone prisons... ohh how the mightly do fall eh? :rolleyes:

Despite the years I have been playing I would still consider myself an inexperiened player. I tend to "cycle" through games/momentary obsessions so in fact I have never even gotten a character past normal. But I have fun and thats what counts right?

After playing this whole time on 1.7 version I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to 1.11b last night... so the next few plays should be interesting. Any tips or forewarnings would be great!

I've only played SP as the whole battle.net thing confuses me... and I am scared of stumbling into a PvP game and getting pwned. Not that any of my characters ever have anything worth picking my dead corpse's pockets for. *sigh*

As to me, if you really want to know... lol
    I'm 32 and live in the US, Tennessee to be exact. And I am one of the apparently rare females around here. :girly:
    I work in Customer Service for a cell phone company... so next time you call in with your phone or about service.. be nice it could be me you are screaming at. lol

Off to create my first true lit sorc and enter a tourny!

2. Tigereye

Tigereye IncGamers Member

Exactly.
    Welcome to the SPF, hope you have fun. If you ever have any questions just ask, there are a lot of knowingly people here. Good luck on your Sorc.

3. Freekje

Freekje IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF.:smiley:

4. Saint Anger

Saint Anger IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay :wink3:.

St. Anger

5. Suiling

Suiling Banned

welcome to the forum Spankie.

6. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

Welcome. Welcome!

May spears never pierce your innards!

I hope you take this as an opportunity to beat normal and nightmare and then hell. I remember a member many years ago coming to this forum in exactly the same position... and he had no interest in ever going past normal.... he was convinced otherwise and became one of the most prolific posters here with loads of fantastic characters and nearly a full grail! I totally agree that the fun is what its there for.... but I can bet you'd also be over the moon to see Hell Baal fall (and drop you loads of spangly Elite Uniques!!) ;)

7. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

8. Spankie

Spankie IncGamers Member

Thanks everyone for the great welcome!

I hope to now be able to progress through the entire game with all the great info and advise I have already learned from site about builds and strategy. Long gone are times of 2 day battles with the giant desert slug that always left my poor warrior bankrupt. *crosses fingers*

Now if I can just get the *&&^%^*( chat box up in game so I can try players higher then one and get some awsome drops :scratch:

9. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Press enter when in game. Type /players8 and voila. Harder things are yours.

Welcome to the SPF, have a read of the Stickies and make sure to have fun.

10. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Welcome to SPF! :smiley: You're correct. This game really is fun. I've been playing off and on for a few years until I found this website. Since then, I've learned so much about the LOD which makes it even more enjoyable.

I used to work for customer service also for a cell phone company. You know, the one where the guy asks if you can hear him? I'm in a department that offers promos to customers which is in Connecticut.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay!

11. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

<standard greeting> to you, <username>!

I hope you have a good time, here at the <location>.

Regards,

<my forum name>

Hehe. Welcome to the forums, good to have another lady on board (I'm a dude by the way.) Don't worry, we were all newbies at one stage, and that is why this site was created. That, and to have an excuse to run up Durf's bar tab.

12. Spankie

Spankie IncGamers Member

Well I can't "hear you now" but I sure to "connect with you" LOL

Thanks for the welcome... I had no idea there was such a wide Diablo community until I got the wide hair a few weeks ago to google it. Although I am still fighting with myself over my bad habit builds... especially my sorcs.. I have a bad "but i NEEEED that" mentality with skill allotments.

13. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. :girly:

It looks like the basics have been covered here. :smiley: I sent you a PM yesterday, would you please respond to it?

14. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! Here's your goodie basket of baked goodness and squid repelant. Don't worry about the shin kickers, You're an EU! (do watch out for nubexie, he has a bitting habit, I suggest throwing him this special decoy cookie made with peppers.)

Read the SPF FAQs and stop by the EMB; we even have our own EU lounge there to get away from the Issy's casses/GBPs and it stocked with not only every drink imaginable but every form of chocolate and none of the calories count.

15. Spankie

Spankie IncGamers Member

Thanks for the supplies! I will be sure to use them wisely lol

And I will definetly stop by... lord knows there are days when endless chocolate and booze should be fed by IV.