Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Intro post from a returning player

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Orcin, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

Intro post from a returning player

Hello to all!

I am returning to Diablo II after a couple of years playing Everquest II and World of Warcraft. It won't be my first D2 rodeo.

I was a Diablo addict in the mid-late 90's, and I spent most of my time either playing the game or posting/reading on the Diablo Strategy Forum. I typically played alone on multi-player, but I grouped occasionally with friends on bnet.

I played Diablo II classic in single-player exclusively, and made yet another round of single-player characters with LoD v1.09. I started a couple of characters on the ladder upon the release of v1.10 and enjoyed several months there. However, even then, I still played alone more often than not because I really enjoy the single-player aspect of the game the most. I did have fun trading with other players on the ladder (before the mass duping) and trying to accumulate some of the better items that I had not seen in SP.

If anyone is interested in more details of my playing career up to now, I have some character descriptions and other meaningless drivel posted on my website.

http://home.houston.rr.com/fittsworld/diablo.htm

Now, I am returning to this great game for a new quest. I have never maxed a character (level 99) in this game, and I would really like to do that once. I used to think that would be a grind, but after the MMO world I am used to grinding. :grin: At least I will not have to pay $15 per month to do it!

I want to do this quest in SP, primarily because I want the character(s) to always be available to me. I got tired of logging in to bnet occasionally to refresh my former ladder characters and they got wiped. That threat, combined with the current state of the economy on the ladder, drives me to play SP this time.

I have discovered ATMA also, and that allows me to play SP in the same manner that I played on the ladder, i.e. create mules (stashes) to store my wealth. I am a collector at heart - one of the reasons that I love this game. I would like to keep all of the good items that I find if for no other reason than just to say I have them.

This wouldn't be my first post here either. If you check my posting history, you will see that I spent most of my time here on the trading forum. I hope to find some trading partners on this forum again. I will gladly go through my probation period and prove myself to the other traders. I just re-started a while back and only have one character in the mid-60's, so I probably don't have anything people would want yet anyway heh heh. But I am working on it!

I hope this is a worthy intro post and not too boring. Happy hunting and I will probably talk to you in some thread or another again soon. :wave:

Regards,
    Orcin

2. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

hi welcome back enjoy your stay.

*kicks Orcin shins*

/runNway

3. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

damn, a little too late with the shinguards. oh well, welcome back and remember, you can never fully leave us

4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Hello, welcome back. The Bar is where you left it. Probably. Have a read of the nice shiny new stickies. Have fun.

5. Gaz

Gaz IncGamers Member

Welcome back.

It's definitely true what they say about you always return to the classics.

6. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome to the forum, and let me heal your shin.

*heals Orcin's shin*

EDIT: I love your page!!

7. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

Thank you! :smiley:

8. Suiling

Suiling Banned

@Orcin: Where do you get such webpage hosting?

9. Dudzy

Dudzy IncGamers Member

Welcome, enjoy your stay. I love your web page btw. Nice C&C logo. Used to live for that series.

10. Orcin

Orcin IncGamers Member

I have Road Runner, which is high-speed internet provided by Time Warner Cable. They give 10MB for web pages as part of the package. That's a lot of space, but the service is expensive so I should get a lot (US$44/mo.)

@dudzy: Thank you!

11. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

Welcome back! :wave: Good to see old accounts return.

12. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

Ugh... double post masterish