Intro, pit and pat.

agrégatif

Diabloii.Net Member
Intro, pit and pat.

Hi all !

This introduction to who I am comes a bit late since I've already posted on this forum.
Anyway, I'm a french student in chemistry (preparing the "agrégation" to become a teacher) and Diablo-addicted. After playing on battle.net during the 1.09, I started playing solo after the 1.10 patch because :
1- I wanted to be able to drop the "ladder only" items and didn't want to be limited in time (ladder season)
2- I had started playing mostly solo anyway after a life of exp leeching in cow levels, and liked it.

Since then, I've pated two characters in softcore with only items I dropped myself.

First my fanatic zealot at lvl 83 equipped with the razor's edge, tiamat's rebuke, kira's guardian, skullder's ire, the mahim oak curio, tal's belt, venom grip, infernostride, a nagelring and carrion wind and with my defiant merc equipped with tal's mask, shaftstop and the spire of honor.

Then my skelliemancer at level 87 equipped with tarnhelm, a 32mf ammy, cairn shard, stormshield, skullder's ire, tal's belt, chance guards, two nagelrings and mf magic boots (no crushing blow set-up) with a might merc equipped with natalya's totem, shaftstop and bonehew.

I've also completed the classical fifty pitruns with my necro who wore ~520 mf on /players 3 during the runs. I haven't the full listing here, but know that it yielded me two stormshields, gris' corona, mav' diadem, trang's belt a ko rune (my best rune so far on single player) a lightsaber (I lost due to a bug in atma) and a unique winged harpoon as highlights. And the tamoe highland's that I had to pass through to reach the pit yielded me my bonehew. It took me three or four days of hard work to finish the fifty runs.

Finally I want to thank all the people who wrote all the litterature gathered on these forums without which I would have stayed all my life a pathetic b.netter.

zelfmoordis

Diabloii.Net Member
agrégatif said:
Hi all !

This introduction to who I am comes a bit late since I've already posted on this forum.
Anyway, I'm a french student in chemistry (preparing the "agrégation" to become a teacher) and Diablo-addicted. After playing on battle.net during the 1.09, I started playing solo after the 1.10 patch because :
1- I wanted to be able to drop the "ladder only" items and didn't want to be limited in time (ladder season)
2- I had started playing mostly solo anyway after a life of exp leeching in cow levels, and liked it.

Since then, I've pated two characters in softcore with only items I dropped myself.

First my fanatic zealot at lvl 83 equipped with the razor's edge, tiamat's rebuke, kira's guardian, skullder's ire, the mahim oak curio, tal's belt, venom grip, infernostride, a nagelring and carrion wind and with my defiant merc equipped with tal's mask, shaftstop and the spire of honor.

Then my skelliemancer at level 87 equipped with tarnhelm, a 32mf ammy, cairn shard, stormshield, skullder's ire, tal's belt, chance guards, two nagelrings and mf magic boots (no crushing blow set-up) with a might merc equipped with natalya's totem, shaftstop and bonehew.

I've also completed the classical fifty pitruns with my necro who wore ~520 mf on /players 3 during the runs. I haven't the full listing here, but know that it yielded me two stormshields, gris' corona, mav' diadem, trang's belt a ko rune (my best rune so far on single player) a lightsaber (I lost due to a bug in atma) and a unique winged harpoon as highlights. And the tamoe highland's that I had to pass through to reach the pit yielded me my bonehew. It took me three or four days of hard work to finish the fifty runs.

Finally I want to thank all the people who wrote all the litterature gathered on these forums without which I would have stayed all my life a pathetic b.netter.

first of all: hi!

Second: Maybe you could explain what is meant by "the pit" I hear a lot of people talking about it, but I'm new to 1.10 so I have no idea what/where it is :)..

:wave:

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the SPF :)

First thing you should do is get the new ATMA, which fixes that bug of items dissappearing, then you should of course get your healthy dosage of D2, 25 hours per day :D

edit: the pit is the extra cave area in act1, Tamoe Highlands, just before the Outer Cloister waypoint. People run it because it's the easiest of the alvl85 areas, which are the ones where every critter can drop the good stuff :)

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
The Pit refers to the cave system found in the Tamoe Highlands area of Act 1, apparently its one of the best areas for MF runs since anything can drop to the monsters there.

btw, Hi, and welcome to the SPF, hope you enjoy your stay :)

edit : Borlag got tehre first, must type faster :lol:

Mage11

Diabloii.Net Member
Greetings, agregatif (plus accent), and welcome to our forums. Please remember to read the FAQs and behave in front of our elite uniques.

It's good to know that we have been of some help.

Do feel free to drop by at the local forum bar, the EMB, for a quiet drink or two - the first one's on me.

Enjoy your time here.

Xaviar: I don't think you can get much faster than Borlag at responding.