Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Intro: Hey everybody

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by deerhunter, May 13, 2005.

1. deerhunter

deerhunter IncGamers Member

Intro: Hey everybody

I hope I get this right this time.

Hi I am deerhunter
    I have been advised to introduce myself to everybody so here goes.
    I bought DI and DII as doon as they came out. Awsome games! Every now and again after getting a char up to lvl 60 or 70 it would get so difficult I would give up for a few weeks but I allways soon came back and started a new char. I now have 15 or so at all stages of development. Recently I got DSL and so did my buddy Brian. He allways wanted to join me in a game but not on dial up. We play once or twice a week on open battlenet but allways in a pass protected game. So I just got really into the game once again and started looking online for tips to help me out and I found this trading forum. One thing I realized is that to get really up there in lvls I needed better items so I began to look around and learn what I could from this site. I found out about ATMA and fingerprints so I installed it and was amazed. I have lots of stuff from the first version (classic) to 1.10. I guess the old stuff is worthless now but I do have a bunch of stuff that I have been finding recently. I have learned to use mules and I mule for my buddy. Of course my BBN is only lvl 34 now so I do not think the stuff I am finding is as cool as the stuff you guys post, but I am trying.
    Most of my runes are expansion but at least have of my pgems (I hope that stands for perfect gems) are expansion 1.10.
    I am looking for Sigon's visor and shelter to complete my set.
    I am also looking for the IK set and Ali baba, but I,m not sure if I can afford the IK set yet.
    So thats me. I hope to trade with you guys and be a part of this site.
    thanks
    deerhunter
    Rob

2. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

As the others would say, "Vilkommen" :D

--T

3. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

Welcome to the spf, be advised i would put on a pair of shin guards soon or you'll get kicked in them.

4. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

welcome to the greatest forum on the net!

5. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! :howdy:

6. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Hi Deerhunter, welcome to the SPF. Tell us a little about yourself outside D2 starting with what part of the world you're from. Enjoy your time here. People should offer newcomers reflective rather than protective shinguards - *snickers at the idea of FB kicking himself in the tender spots*.

MAAM

7. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Welcome, welcome! You know, you don't need the best items to enjoy the game. Powering through has its charms, but there's no substitute for knowledge and skill. That having been said, have fun with whatever you do.

Stony

8. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

9. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

welcome... welcome... :clap:
    i'm new in SP also (around a month)
    don't forget to check out GIVEAWAY thread once in a while, and trading forum for single player if u want to trade stuffs.

10. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard.

11. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

ello ello chap, welcome to the SPF !!! remember its kinda like 7/11 in here. the threads may not always be open, but their always doing business.

cherss, C.T.

12. deerhunter

You got it mad. so here goes.
    I am 35 very happily married to the most wonderful woman I have ever met. We were both born in NJ USA. Other people have the wrong idea about NJ and the people from it. We have a beautiful state with lots of nice people, it's just mostly the politicans who are crooks and thieves. My wife and I value freedom very highly, but NJ is no longer big on freedom. IE my wife has a right to carry a conceiled handgun in florida and about 15 other states but not in her home state. BTW I just put on my shin guards because someone is not going to like that we both own handguns, rifles, and shotguns. I even have a black powder muzzleloader for hunting, which is my next favorite thing besides my wife and Diablo II. So we have joined the freestateproject.org to move 20,000 Libertarians like ourselves up to NH. Next friday we will be up there signing the papers on the house and getting another right to carry permit for my wife. The house is 2 family on 2 acres with a state stocked river in our backyard. It looks like paridise and in a state with no income tax and no sales tax. YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT. O and property tax is really low. In NH chickens are considered pets so there is no problem with our flock. (We have about 38 hens and 1 cock) Yes he is very happy, wouldn't you be if you have 38 women for your self? And they do not nag him at all! We used to have 3 goats (Saanen) Jazzy, Illy and Phoebe. They were purebred so there names were much much longer than that. But it was a pain to use there full names, We just called then that for short. For example Illy is short for Snow Dreams Magic Illusion. No we did not name them except for Jazzy's White Magic Phoebe. OK enough of that, we had to get rid of them because we wanted to look for property in NH and it is so hard to find a goat sitter to milk them twice a day when we were gone. This is the second year without them and we miss them very much and we miss the new spring babies running around the back of the house like it's the Indy 500. Perhaps one day we will have new animal friends, right now just chickens. ( not very bright animals, looking upto the sky while it is raining, but they lay great eggs!)
    So my wife and I are very honest, sometimes I think to a fault. The mortgage company we are working with tried to say we lied and had to give them our 401k retirement money as a down payment. Well we were honest about our intentions from the begining, and after a couple of days and a note to them that we were going to another company suddenly a situation where "you have no other option, and everybody is doing it this way" suddenly was resolved. We found out that mortgage agents are just a step ubove used car sales people. So take this as a lesson, anyone out there who wants to buy a home, DO NOT SETTLE FOR WHAT THEY SAY. Tell them you are going elsewhere and the story will quickly change.
    So thats more about me and my wife.
    If there is anything else you would like to know just ask!
    deerhunter
    Rob

13. deerhunter

Thanks everyone for the welcome
    I found the giveaway thread finally. Thanks
    deerhunter

14. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

First off, paragraphs are your friends ;).

Second off, welcome to the SPF. I hope you enjoy your stay here and absorb all the wonderful knowledge wandering about.

Lastly feel free to have a beer on me over at the EMB :)

15. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay!

Man you really like goats:)

16. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard, I too am new to the single player forum, but I have a history with the forums, here,

and as far as the goats go, you have opened yourself up for a lot of fun on others behalf. Dont get me to wrong there, I am from the country off the dirt road, so I know all about farming. But what you do with your goats is your business. LOL

PS make sure you check your pms(private messages)

17. deerhunter

Yea you are correct. I quickly typed that off before work this morning. At least I used punctuation. (I just looked up that last word in the dictionary next to my desk. God forbid! lol) Most people that contact us via email write stuff like that as one long run on sentence with most of the words misspelled, and they use outlook.
    Thanks for the welcome
    I am starting to feel at home here! :D
    deerhunter

18. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. The Fantasy Island of the internet. Enjoy your stay but don't eat the fruit on that tree over there.

19. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Didnt read, too long. :p:p
    And those reflective shin guards wont stop me!
    *runs around deerhunter and kicks his calves, piercing so far that he effectively kicks the inside on his shins*

20. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!