Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Intro and a question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tinantlu, Apr 2, 2005.

1. tinantlu

tinantlu IncGamers Member

Intro and a question

My introduction into SP(F) has been a wonderful one. I have been playing D2 for years on bnet, and have been a lurker in these forums for just as long. I just started my first sp char and am having a wonderful time not twinking and dealing with *ahem* people on bnet. I've never been so happy to find a Aldur helm for a druid in my life, hehe. I've only got one char so far, a windy druid (I've never played one, and wanted a build that could maybe survive in hell w/o god gear). He is in act 3 NM, and lvling/progressing nicely, I should be in hell by tommorow or the next day.

Question
    Should I pump dex to get blocking, or hold out on my luck and hope that I get a Earthshifter and have to go huge str? I know it's rare, but I would like to be able to equip it if I actually find one.

I play sc by the way, so no matter how hard you kick me in the shins, I can just go and recover my body :p

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

earthshifter isn't a good weapon for a windy as you have to get really close for tornado to be effective, so blocking is alot more effective.

earthshifter would be more suited to a geddon/maul bear.

welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay and read the FAQS

3. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

it's good for a fire druid also. but definately not for a windy.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the Single Player Forum:)

I wouldn't use Earthshifte either. It uses a lot of strength that you could spend in vitality, and no shield is kind of a downer..It can be done, but you would have to play extremely carefully, and in the end I think that a good 1-hand + good shield will be both faster and more efficient than Earthshifter, no matter how cool a weapon it is. Good luck with it.

And if you want a build that is really good at beating Hell untwinked why not try a Fishymancer...there should be a guide here in the Single Player Forum...they totally rock:)

5. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

hello and welcome to the SPF !!! i agree with the others on the whole earthshifter thing. my windy used an earthshaker, +3 elemental. it was the best thing i found (quite easy to find i think :scratch: ), and only needs something like 100 strenth.

cheers, C.T.

6. tinantlu

tinantlu IncGamers Member

very good advice, thx much, I think I will be going for SS for DR too, but I won't be finding one for awhile

progress is going ok, into act 5 NM, but it is a long one

I did find an ali baba, and a tal's hat for my merc, so he is surving well

BTW my all time favorite class is the necromancer, I have loved making a novamancer, a fishymancer, and a boneguy

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Hi, how are you?
    *does some cool, indescribable shin kick with comparative ease, sits back down and eats a doughnut.*

8. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard. I hope you shins heal up fairly quickly too.

9. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. :thumbsup:

As for the Eartshifter question I don't really know, having only played WW and WB druids in 1.09, and a WW druid up to NM in 1.10.

10. ndt

ndt IncGamers Member

Try a Dark Clan Crusher when you come across one. It's only +2 to skills, but it is all skills, not only elemental, meaning you boost your summons as well (and has a nice +15 to life after each demon kill). And what is best: required strength = 25!

And of course welcome to this great place :)

11. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! As I see you already met Rev.Bob and since Sidhe is back but not wholy, here's a full rejuv for you (FB kicks are like poision, they hurt but they can't kill you).

Also here's you baked goods goodie basket with squid repelant and you offical invite to the EMB. Please leave you skellys at the door though, otherwise it gets a bit crowded.

Check out the tourneys too if you get a chance! We've got some fun and odd ones that you'll be on equal footing with everyone else while finding good items to hoard in ATMA.