Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Intro & a new quest begins...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Michelle, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Michelle

Michelle Diabloii.Net Member

Intro & a new quest begins...

Hello all :)

I've posted here once or twice before - a very, very long time and a forgotten username ago! Still, I lurk and read the threads obsessively and would like to share my own 'quest'. Am aiming for the HC Septavirate now as I still love DII but have been a bit bored with it recently (endless MF'ing from 1.09 - 1.10 with no new chars to share the treasures).

I have started with a HC Trapper, my first HC and only current 1.10 character, as my SC ones have now been deleted . She is my second HC character ever, the first being a lvl 83 Trapper on USEast (1.09) who made Guardian and might still be alive had she not been forgotten and then expired (of course, she may very well be dead, too...it's nicer this way).

Character info: OpheliaZ - Level 50, Act 1 NM. No problems or NDE in Normal, mostly played on /players 8 setting except for bosses (/players 1) and some annoyingly long and boring areas (/players 4 to speed the progress). Full clears for the most part but no doubt some optional areas were forgotten. Only quests remaining in Norm are Nihlathak and Lam Esem's Tome (visited all the temples and fought Battlemaid Sarina but no Tome to be found?).

Items are pretty basic: +1 Assassin skill claw with "Rhyme" shield (lose +1 skills from dual wielding but the mods on shield seem worth the sacrifice), Sanders Rip-Rap boots, bloodfist gloves, "Lore" circlet & "Stealth" armour. Rare rings and belt with resists, +mana and other insignificant mods, +1 crafted caster ammy.

Skills are fairly straight-forward: points in all pre-reqs, max Lightning Sentry, mid level Death Sentry (13?), a few extra points into Shadow Master (5) and one of the other LS synergies. Stats are okay with enough Str/Dex to wield Greater Talons, the rest into Vit, none in Energy. Mana is a problem! Life is a little lower than I would like (800+) but I think most points (if not all) will be put into Vit from now on.**

Merc is a Rogue "Isolde" who has been her companion since before she left the Blood Moor (levelled until hire was available without killing Blood Raven first), currently a level or two lower than Ophelia, will probably be switched to an Act II HF Merc when they are available. Isolde is good 'team mate' and her killing power is also fairly good at the moment but I think a HF merc is more desirable, especially as the lightning immunes will arrive shortly and I feel safer with a bit more crowd control.

In NM, all quests up to Andariel (currently waiting at the entrance to the catacombs), only received two elds (!) from the Countess. Running through on /players 1 since I want to go through it a bit quicker as the experience is negligible (I am hoping Act II will be better). 1 NDE in Blood Moor on /players 8 where I was busy trying to get a screen shot of a fallen boss (extra fast & cursed) and got amped and then swarmed by minions from the fallen pack as well as a zombie boss and minions...since then, no problems.

I thought I'd better get the intro and first 'report' out because she may very well die soon...

-- Michelle

2. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

Hi and welcome! :howdy:

Your assassin seems to be doing pretty well. Looks like you know what you are doing in this game, and the gear is nice for this stage of the game.

Mana may be a problem sometimes, but it will get better once you get some more levels under your belt. Also, keep a lookout for those Serpent´s Grand Charms that can give you a lot of mana. Pick up mana potions and drink them as you go.

For more crowd control, I recommend Cloak of Shadows and Mind Blast. They are both excellent with only one point.

Nice to see that Isolde is with you. I tell you, she´s the best!
    But you are probably right that a HF merc would be better for survival. The Shadow will be a far better tank when the monsters are slowed.

3. isengart

isengart Diabloii.Net Member

welcome! enjoy your stay and guard your shins. ;)

all the best for your char too.

4. Rizzo

Rizzo Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome Michelle, enjoy your stay and remember to remember your username this time ;)
    Now, tell us a bit about yourself

5. piscene

piscene Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the SPF, and good luck on your quest. :thumbsup:

6. Shade

Shade Diabloii.Net Member

Sounds odd, it should be in the temple with Sarina - maybe the pedastal didn't appear in that map configuration? Happens with Radament sometimes, so it might have just gone wandering. Head back once you've finished whatever you want to keep maps for in NM, and it should be there.

Welcome (back) to the forum, and good luck with the rest of your Assassin's quest! :)

7. Vargas

Vargas Diabloii.Net Member

SPF ni yôkoso (welcome to the SPF).

8. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the SPF forum and enjoy your stay:)

Another girl/woman how cool! Can't get enough hot females that play Diablo II:) Good luck with your trapsin, it looks like you're a very capable player so you probably don't need it.

9. water_moon

water_moon Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome fellow Elite Unique! Cute avatar, is the sweetie yours? Tells about your RL as good as your char and we'll be glad to welcome you into EU lounge in the EMB. Enjoy this welcome basket of cookies and sqid repelant. :wave:
    @isengart: She doesn't have to worry about shins, rev.Bob won't kick an EU, he knows we kick back.

10. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome aboard. What is the Septavirate? Is that completing hell with all seven characters?

11. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

After the liberation movement: All's fair in love and war. :)

*reels back and kicks Michelle's shin*

Yea FB may not be so inclined to kick Elite unique shins but that doesn't stop the tradition.

welcome (back) to the forums Michelle.

Your assassin seems to be fairing alright good luck with her. I am surprized she didn't find the tomb in the forgotten temples, I always find it in one of the what 7 temples near kurast. Oh well such things happen maybe now that you have a new map you can go and find it, usually its in the forgotten temple but I have found it elsewhere before as well.

12. whomhead

whomhead Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back!

Sounds like your Assy is well on her way. Good luck with the rest!

@BFD - The septavirate is getting a Guardian of each class with limited twinking of items between chars in your septavirate. Its a very lofty goal, and takes a long time to complete.

13. frosty

frosty Diabloii.Net Member

Solo don't kick EUs' shins too you know........

*kicks Uzziah in the shins with uber boots of eternal pain*

Oh and welcome. :wave:

14. Amiral

Amiral Diabloii.Net Member

a great tip to find the tome is that the Ruined Temple (for me) Always spawn with the stairs heading northeast... if you understand my description.

Welcome, and good luck with your 'sin.

15. Nacaa

Nacaa Diabloii.Net Member

Heya and welcome(?) to this place.

Good luck on your quest on getting 7 HC chars past Hell. I haven't even got 1 past Nightmare.

16. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Diabloii.Net Member

welcome back then, i know it'll be a hard one, the septavirate, you started with a sin, interesting, you know, i'm about to even start one, well someday i suppose

17. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

She's the best as long as she doesn't have a necromancer hanging on her back. :p

*waves at Michelle and runs away*

18. Michelle

Michelle Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the replies & welcomes - the SPF surely is the friendliest bunch of DII players I've come across :)

Yes, the beast in the avatar is mine - he's a horrible dog but he looks terribly cute in his hat & goggles and I couldn't resist...

I like my Assassin, she's doing okay and is currently sitting on the Catacombs 2 WP, I'll try and kill Andy when I get home from work today. I tend to play chars that aren't terribly item-dependent which is a habit from realm play (no trading and very little MF'ing, so I never really had a good item base until I started SP) so playing untwinked is not a problem. If she gets past Andy in NM, she's heading back to Kurast to demand her tome...If she makes it into Hell (which is a fair way off), I'll be happy!

Cloak of Shadows has a point but I didn't worry about Mind Blast - I know the Shadow will be casting it enough to drive me mad and I can always add a point if I find she needs it a bit later on. Priorities now are maxing DS & Shadow Master and then wondering how to kill LI monsters.

As for me, well what is there to say? - I'm not so good with proper intro's :) It's almost 6am and I've got to go to work - I work in aged care and study a bit too (when I can be bothered, which isn't as often as it should be). I enjoy the usual things - listening to music, watching movies, reading, shopping (for nice things) etc. I'm 24, I live at home with my mum and one sister (I have two, currently not speaking to either, what peace!). We have three dogs, the other two are much nicer than the one pictured :)

Heading off to work, hope to report some progress with Ophelia tonight.

By the way, thanks frosty :) saves me kicking back.

-- Michelle

19. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the SPF EU !!! enjoy your stay and remember its kina like 7/11 in here. the threads may not always be open. but their always doing business.

cheers, C.T.

20. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch Diabloii.Net Member

double post, nothing to see here folks...

*vanishes in a cloud of smoke*

*forgets to run after ninja smoke*

*slowly backs out of the room*