Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

intro+1.07 question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vanai, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Vanai

Vanai IncGamers Member

intro+1.07 question

Hi all,

My poor shins.... :lol:

I found a v.1.07 among other CD's that I bought several years ago and installed it. I quite like it despite the fact that it took me more than 2 weeks till I got to clvl 25 and dying miserable back-to-back-to-back deaths (around 15 times at least) until I finally managed to kill Duriel :eek: Anyhow, I read somewhere here in this forum that 1.07 is more diffucult to play, so I decided against upgrading for the time being.

I was just wondering what runewords you may use in v.1.07, whether I can increase the player number with a command like /players X.

Many thanks in advance

2. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! I guess harder is a relative term. I think 1.10 is more challenging because of the introduction of synergies to LOD. It probably also depends on what character you are playing. I only play the Sorceress and have found that 1.07 is easier than 1.10. Don't know which rune words are available because I believe many of them were not enabled for SP on this version. As far as the /players x command, try it to see if it works. Good luck!

Edit: I guess you can go by what Arreat Summit says at the Blizzard website in regards to what rune words are available. They haven't updated that site for a while but it should be correct as far as version 1.07. :)

3. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

SPF ni youkoso (welcome to the SPF) ^-^.

*kicks Vanai san friendly in the shins*

And take these sacred shinguards of dejavu, the shinkickers today don't care if you're already shinkicked or not :p .

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Welcome to SPF! :)

We have a 1.07 guide in our FAQ, you might want to take a look at it

the link to 1.07 runewords in the guide doesn't work, so I uploaded the list here. Most of the runewords are next to impossible to make, and their stats are not very powerful. There is couple nice ones though

Also, there is no /players command in 1.07

5. Vanai

Vanai IncGamers Member

Thank you very much indeed.

6. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! Enjoy this goodie basket of baked goodies and squid repelant. REa the SPF FAQ and stop on by the EMB sometime.

7. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. Enjoy your stay and start counting the days til you go 1.10...you cannot resist the power of the patch...join us...join us... :D

8. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Hey, welcome to the SPF! :howdy:

9. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums!

Good luck in 1.07. You can get some pretty amazing stuff there, but it is very rare.

10. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

Welcome. Glad you are having fun in 1.07. What kind of character are you playing?

I find 1.07 to be the most challenging version for most characters, with the obvious exception of the sorceress. Even with the big damage charms in available, elite weapons are pathetic and uniques hard to come by, so if you have to kill with something besides spells/skills, it can be vary tough.

11. Vanai

Vanai IncGamers Member

Oh, I am trying to play a no-vitality mastery-only barb. I do not know whether there is a specific name for this class, though. He keeps dying all the time :p

Maybe I should also create a sorceress and finish up the normal level first for hardcore play. I know about ATMA etc, but I just do not want to use that stuff. I mean why would I want to create strong chars right away and equip them with items I found by other chars. I only play SP anyhow.

Ahh, I am getting too old for this :eek:

12. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

I felt the same way when I started playing. I played untwinked and beat the game in Nightmare difficulty. I also did not follow any guides because I thought I could do it myself but I was wrong. It was ok for a while and then I stopped playing. One day I decided to try ATMA and found it to be fun. This program actually got me interested in the game again and I've been using it since. I now realize that the guides really provide insight in the game besides helping you to beat hell difficulty. Oh, don't worry about getting too old for this game. I'm in my mid 30's and I still find time to play. There was a poll taken a little while ago about the average age in this forum. You should know that there are quite a few in that age group and even older. :)

13. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! :thumbsup: