Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Interviews from Korean medias about 1.0.5

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by saintmek, Sep 19, 2012.

1. saintmek

saintmek IncGamers Member

It's translated to Chinese on Diablo3cc http://d.163.com/12/0919/11/8BOTH2QT00314LEB.html
    The original link is here http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2725&l=634

I translated these from Chinese so it might not quiet accurate, and sorry about grammar things, but I try my best :)

View attachment 3525

Q: What's the major change of 1.0.5 ?
    A: Monster Power system and Inferno Machine. Inferno machine only available to lvl60 players, as mobs are getting stronger, you will get better reward.

Q: What's 1.0.5 focus on?
    A: We heard feedback about Inferno difficulty from the community, and most people thought it's still too hard, only few of them thought its too easy.

Q: So Inferno Machine just like Uber level of D2?
    A: You have to collect items to make inferno machine, and you will face stronger mobs than normal gameplay there.

Q: What mobs we could see in infernal machine, Boss? What about the loot?
    A: I can't tell you what mobs you are going to see, the fun should be found by players.
    There are various rewards, for example, certain Legendary Ring that only dropped by Boss in Infernal Machine.

Q: Will we see new areas in Inferno Machine?
    A: No.

Q: Whats the bonus from Monster Power?
    A: Stronger the power is, better reward you could get.

Q: How to setup Monster Power?
    A: When you create a new game, you can select Monster Power from 0 - 10, and mob HP increases as more players in the game.

Q: What about the effect of defensive skills nerf?
    A: Currently, there is no much different between now and 1.0.5. After 1.0.5, if you want to get as same difficulty as now, you will have to set Monster Power to lv2 or lv3.

Q: PTR download is available in launcher, so does that mean PvP is coming?
    A: It's just for Battle.net feature improve and structure adjustment so we added that button. It's nothing to do with PvP or patch 1.1.

Q: Do you have more details about PvP?
    A: We are working on it, and I can't tell you anything about PvP or maps.

Q: Demon Hunter's Trail of Cinders was nerfed from 1500% weapon damage to 300%, and caused many criticisms, what do you guys think?
    A: It is a bug fix, not a balance adjustment or nerf, this skill shouldn't have such high damage output. We also adjust few more skills for demon hunter.

Q: There is a rumor, that you dyed your gear with certain color and you get a better loot.
    A: We've heard these rumors about a certain time, or some classes, or party formation, certain IP room or certain color will increase the drop rate. And we are investigating on these reports and try to recreate these conditions, and the conclusion is false. As my personal experience, these are just coincidences.

Q: After D3 released 4 months, what would you like to say as developer?
    Jay Wilson?This is the first time I work on massive online game after I joined Blizzard, many good things, and many complicated things. We are trying to fix these we were not happy with, and we will keep update D3 and bug fix.
    Wyatt Cheng: I'm happy to see that players are enjoyed the game in various ways. Many unexcept things were discovered by players, as a developer I'm certainly amazed and happy to see.

2. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Re: Interviews from Korean medias about 1.0.5<iframe src=http://www.bandedecomics.com

Meh, looks like MP really is just +HP/DMG on monsters.

On the bright side, it solves the dilemma of twinking new level 60 classes and eliminating the feeling of effort in progressing across Inferno, so that's something.

3. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I wonder what the HP/DMG increase will be per level?
    Level 1 = 100%, Level 10 = 200%? 1000%?

4. Dreadbringer

Dreadbringer IncGamers Member

I was hoping the monsters would spawn in larger numbers in addition to more hp. I think it's too sparse today with monster spawnings.
    And I hope that the Exp increases aswell.
    In D2 one of the more exciting things was to kill screens full of monsters in a few seconds.

5. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

That would be very nice. It definitely feels good to blow up big packs of monsters.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It all sounds interesting, but if the drop chance of legendaries increase, I might lose interest quicker than necessary.

Yes, I write that in many places, but I will keep on doing it... until I stop playing, of course :whistling:

7. Terenas

Terenas IncGamers Member

We don't know the drop and difficulty curves yet. The scenario in which the Legendaries' drops increase enough to cause a problem might be on a monster power high enough to be practically inaccessible by most players (if mp10 rains Legendaries upon you but is impossible for all but the top 50 heroscore, then I hardly see the issue).
    It's been said that mp2 or mp3 is equivalent to 1.0.4 Inferno, but I don't know if the drops are also equivalent to the current inferno (it's not like my inventory is currently flooded with Legendaries each run).

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, I'm just talking about my personal legendary curve over 250 hours of play time. It's a flat zero line :smug:

I'm expecting a reasonable change, of course, not just as many legendaries as possible.

9. Forgotten One

Forgotten One IncGamers Member

It would indeed be nice but I don't think they'll do it.
    With the kill chain bonus in mind it'd be very easy to exploit xp gain.

Racing through character levels and paragon levels will throw off how they syncronized character development with content.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012