Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pierrot le Fou

Diabloii.Net Member
Internet Friends

:: From: Agent PLF
:: To: OTF Squadron
:: Msg: Poll Incoming

I know that a lot of us folks have folks who we likely refer to in day to day conversation who we don't know save for on the net.

How do you refer to them in conversation?

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
I refer to them as "people who thought I was some Brock guy from Saskatchewan because he plagiarized my addy"
as for you guys, you're "some people from a forum I visit"

SteveMartinfan

Diabloii.Net Member
I refer to the one as, "Yeah, my friend Dave. Yeah, the guy online. No, I don't know why I consider him a friend when I'd just rather throw him off a mountain. Must be habit, you know."

Otherwise, it's generally 'this person I know online'.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't really talk about y'all in the real world for fear of troutings. Troutings from my real friends. I swear they exist, and they all carry giant fish in their backpacks.

Or I'll just generically refer to people here as friends.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
I´m not terribly embarrased about having internet friends. Everyone knows I´m a looser and a shut-in anyway so why not go right out and admit it.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
I´m not terribly embarrased about having internet friends. Everyone knows I´m a looser and a shut-in anyway so why not go right out and admit it.
It is slightly embarrasing when my real-life friend, and also forum frequenter Usufruct and I get to talking about forum people/forum stuff like at a party. We get such weird looks.

Of course I guess it's not as bad as when we start discussing *crowbar kills in face* at a party.

(Wow, I guess I implied that the parties we attend must really suck, however this is not the case. In reality, our discussion of these things is based on our addiction to said things.)

Starfishied

Diabloii.Net Member
"There is this one person I know"

Majority of people don't care where you dig up your friends when you use them as example statements.

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh... I'm honest. I talk about you all as "online friends"... people that I talk to, but more than just strangers or random people.

It may not be the same as real-life... but it works on some levels.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
I refer to people I know online as just friends, unless asked specifically. A bud is a bud, in life or on net, if ya ask me. I probably like most of ya'll better here anyway, (as ya'll would me lol) no yellin bout gettin your feet off my coffetable hehe.

I don't think I've ever made reference to someone online to a person who wasn't also familiar with that online personality, so I just call them by their screen names. This can get pretty difficult with some of the battle.net crew, so sometimes they get pronounceable codenames instead.

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
I refer to the people I've met online as "a freind of mine"... sometimes tagging on the end where they are from, if it suits the converstation, like if I were discussing the States I'd mention that I know people there. Most people I know know that I have lots of online freinds, and that I am infact intending to move far away to be with a young lady I met on the net, so they dont act suprised at all.

They know I'm a sad loner net geek *nods solemly*

Xaviar