Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Internet Explorer Help Needed

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Solinari, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Solinari

Solinari IncGamers Member

Internet Explorer Help Needed

Alright, so whenever i right click on a web page i get the usual list of stuff, but now i got these links between 'refresh' and 'properties', so it looks something like:

back
    forward
    -----------
    save background as
    set background as
    copy background
    set as desktop item
    -----------
    select all
    paste
    -----------
    create shortcut
    add to favourites
    view source
    -----------
    encoding
    -----------
    print
    refresh
    -----------
    numerous links
    -----------
    properties

anyone know how to get rid of the numerous links?

2. Foxxx

Foxxx IncGamers Member

It mostlikely has to do with a program that is runnon your computer.....I use getright and where yours says numerous links, mine says Download with GetRight

3. Jeda

Jeda IncGamers Member

stuff like this can usually be found in the registry, so to get rid of the links you don't want, start regedit, search for the exact name of one of the links, then delete all the keys you don't need

for me this is hkey_current_user.software.microsoft.internet explorer.menuext

4. Rejiu-II

Rejiu-II IncGamers Member

Here's a solution: Get Mozilla FireFox. It renders pages better, according to World Wide Web Consortium standards, and you don't have to worry about popups, IE-related spyware, or any of that junk. http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

5. Solinari

Solinari IncGamers Member

:worship: You're my hero :worship:

Thanks so much Jeda. I was looking through there earlier but had no clue what i was doing and didn't wanna touch anything that i wasn't sure of.

Thanks again.

6. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

Listen to the advice.... Internet Explorer is as low as it can get browser wise [Apart from that aol thingy :lol:], I downloaded Firefox .8 and not looked back since... faster loading times, pop-up blocker (also u can allow the page to pop-up if you so wish), no Spyware toolbars Etc...

Meh i should work for the Mozilla Advertising team. ^^

--------
    Chynobi
    --------

7. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I use firefox on my bsd box, and IE on my laptop. Above all the idiotic security holes and poor programming, IE is simply the standard. I find some pages won't load correctly or at all with some other browsers, including Safari for OSX. That said, I prefer FreeBSD and firefox, though I sometimes get pissed when something doesn't look right. Blame lies on the programmers of the offending site though.

8. Jeda

Jeda IncGamers Member

to be honest, I just did trial and error (again)

I read your post, and guessed this could be found in the registry... so I did a search there, found the place. Then I said to myself: well let's see what happens if we delete this key... Well the options disappeared so I guessed I was right...

On the browser debate: Well IE definity does have security holes, but most of them are just b/c of some lazy users, who click ok on whatever screen appears.
    ...Set as homepage... ya sure of course.... OMG why did my startpage change
    ;)

Further most of the stuff can be deactivated. (A fast google search usually tells you how :) ) I tried some other browsers too (mozilla & opera) but I wasn't really satisfied with them, so I'm staying with IE... until it burns my PC for the first time