Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Interesting thread about HRs on BNET

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Oct 9, 2006.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

2. Llathias

Llathias Banned

:shocked: sigh...

3. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

It has all turned a little silly me thinks.

4. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

If Zod isn't a HR then what is nowadays? Did Blizzard release a server-side patch with more runes? Offering mods like 5% Ctc "One Hit Kill Monster"?

Though thinking about it, I now realise it's probably meant as more of a "has less use than other HR's" rather than based on it's rarity. Still, if one drops for me I'm not sure if I'd use it. Just stick it in an ATMA stash by itself and gaze at it's e-glory every now and then.

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I have changed the thread name, the thread title "Interesting thread" doesn't say anything.

SiTro: HRs on BNet are so heavily duped nowadays that all of them are really common, some of them (Zods?) probably even more common. So yes, the trading prizes are based on usefulness and Rarity, though the rarity of HRs on BNet is quite different from SPF.

6. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

<---- Noob Q

What the hell is an HR?

Thank you.

DM

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I thought it stood for High Rune. But I could be talking complete rubbish.

8. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

So what was ZOD like on b.net? usefullness, it is only for BoTD something, UM might be more usefull. anyone knows how many ZODs you need to trade one UM on b.net?

9. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

botd yeah, but making awesome eth items usable me thinks.

10. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

@Hrus: Thanks for clarifying that for me. Seems an alien concept to me overall, but then, I'm still searching for a Lem myself. :tongue:

@DeathMaster: Not forgetting the Vex you also need for that runeword as well. And the El...

11. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

That is correct. And I think if I was on Bnet, I would rather dupe Ums then Zods. Ums are much more useful.

12. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Bnet rune trading is all about usefulness, not about scarcity value. Um's are for resists and OW, Lo's make grief/fort and Mal's make Oath. Jah/ber are obviously useful, while Sur and zod are not (BotD is below Grief, damage wise, and Bramble isn't made much).

crg

13. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

10 El's = HR, oh my god..........

Wonder if these guys can make a weaponless guardian (ala Wolron) or naked guardian (ala Insane Wayne)

14. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@A_M - I doubt if they can make a Champion without a EBotD. :rolleyes:

15. TurinT

TurinT IncGamers Member

Maybe Um's are more useful, but I see it in a different light. Figure if a duper has a working method. He/she only requires copies or legit masters of certain HR's to scam people out of their legit runes. He/she dupes the runes people need for the l33t runewords... Zod for BoTD, Jah/Ber for Enigma, Lo for Fortitude etc. This person now trades for Um, Ist, Mal, Pul: Runes that can be acquired at a much higher statistical rate (compared to the HR's) and with a easy hunting source, the countess. Dupers should then intentionally NOT dupe these runes to ensure they are getting legit runes, to then cube up or use. Buuutttt... Knowing the nature of greed on BNET people probably do dupe mid range runes so in the end all the runes will go poof... Eventually...

16. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

@Thyad- ROFL!! Very true, after reading that thread, now I kind of understand why they think it's needed things like Dream, EBotD, Fortitude, Grief, Stone, etc. in order to make a patriarch.......

Kind of reminded me the thread on Blizzard Forums and the poor guy which said "Make SP easier, it's so difficult it's not funny" :rolleyes:

17. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

I don't think Um is all that useful once you reach the point where you can have anything you want. Consider what you can use it for:

Runewords
    25% OW in weapons
    15 resist all in armors/helms
    22 resist all in shields

For runewords with Um, you have Beast, CoH, and Chaos. Other runewords like Gloom or Duress don't measure up to Enigma/Fortitude/CoH, and I don't think tesladins are popular enough for Crescent Moon to be in high demand.

I doubt many 'rich' bnetters stick Um in their weapons for specifically OW either. It's obviously useless for casters, and the top melee weapons are all runewords or specialty weapons (eth Reavers, 110 IAS PB's, etc.). that have no room for Um.

When put in armors or helms, Um only gives 15 resist. A 15 resist jewel would work better, considering that the jewel can have a second mod.

There are a lot of shields with Um, but I think even that's becoming more rare. The creation of Spirit means more and more people are using RW shields, and resists are less of an issue to begin with since bnetters have HF torch and annihilus.

AFAIK all runes Ist and above fall into the category of 'high runes' on bnet and are worth roughly the same. Lo might have an inflated value on ladder, but on NL it's not particularly valuable (can't make Grief/Fort on NL).

@Thyiad: Of course they can. Just use a Grief. :badteeth:

18. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

The economy of Bnet doesn't reflect the skill of the players. It reflects the skill of the item shops. That thread says absolutely nothing about needing those runes to do anything. Hell, if I found a Zod on one of my HC characters, I might trade it off for an El because I don't want the thing (I never twink HC).

19. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Another factor to keep in mind is that Ums are generally not considered to be duped (although duped Ums are starting to appear) which increases their value quite a bit compared to the higher runes.

20. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Thanks for the explanation.

DM