Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Interesting Soj Count

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cooked, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Interesting Soj Count

I have been Idling in a game for about 22 hours now (using animation lock). My 8 year old son and I were playing in a game yesterday and we noticed the counter...once. A bit later the counter move up one more so we decided to check it out. Well the counter has moved a bit more that once every hour during the day time and less that that during the night. It is not regularly spaced but close. In the last 22 hours it has moved 25 total, one at a time. I just can't believe people are selling rings at this strange pace. I think Blizzard has set it up so the counter moves on a selected server (server # 40 in this case) ever so often to get us to sell SoJs.

2. LiquidIce

LiquidIce IncGamers Member

i think it may be people looking for dc clone

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Maybe it's one guy selling SOJ's as he finds them :/ But even then, I guess it's unlikely that he would keep getting the same server each time, would he.

4. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Well it has been a couple of more hours since I first posted this and the count in now at 32 sold, still moving at one each and slowly. I wish I had recorded the start time but it has been at least 24 hours now and it continues. If it was one* guy, why sell one every so often? It it was an IRC group...same question.

*No one would sell one ring every 20 minutes to every 2 hours...too likely to have game crash. I am suprised I have been able to moniter this server for so long myself.

5. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

I was D Clone hunting for a while, and in my experience, that happens all the time. Unless you're on a server where the organized hunt is taking place, people will gradually build up a server over a matter of several days. Usually it increases in pace as it gets closer to popping.

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i dont think clone spawns right after the last soj is spawned, so you dont want to waste any sojs selling like crazy, only to realized he spawned on your 5th to last one.

7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

It could be one guy, or a small group. He/they are Andy-botting for SOJs, selling them on the server they want to spawn on as they come in.

I don't know the state of this server, though --- if it is over minimum, then selling SOJs as they come in it does make some sense since every one could be "the one". If the server has not reached minimum yet then it would be plain stupid, since you can always loose the game you are sitting in... so it would be better to pile up SOJs.

Of course, even if the server has reached minimum it would be better to pile up some SOJs, and just keep selling them at a faster rate. So maybe the server is nearing max? People might have run out of SOJs, but if the server is nearing maximum they might not want to spend the time rebuilding a SOJ pile...

EDIT: dclone might not spawn the same microsecond, but he spawns pretty close to the selling.

8. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Well...It is stuck now at 5881 or about 34* rings sold. It reached 5881 last night at about 9:30 Mountain time and hasn't moved all night.

I have a hard time believing that someone would sell a SoJ, even a "botted one" with out a greater assurance of getting the Clone to spawn. SoJs are worth a rune now on Non-Ladder. Of course runes are not what they used to be with all the duping. I wonder if "they" are duping SoJs still: doesn't seem like it. Wish all the dupes of runes, and bots, and spam bots were gone...at least there isn't any more duped gear being made. I hope.

* since I started watching it about 30 some hours ago.

9. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

If you go into the IRC channel you can ask the chat bot how many rings have been sold on a particular server. You'll see that almost all servers have at least a few, and as some servers get up into the higher double digits, a lot of times people will sell a single SoJ to get others to do so in hopes of it popping. Eventually someone with a lot will go in and sell 10 and that'll trigger someone else to sell 10 etc. and they'll pop it. The chat bot keeps you up to date on all that, as well as people just saying "I just sold a SoJ on 40, someone else do it too."

Edit: Eventually, all servers WILL pop. So a sold SoJ is never a waste. You just have to watch the counter to be sure you're on the server when she blows.