Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Interesting new way to get to the top of the ladder

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by HR-Tecira, Apr 1, 2004.

1. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Interesting new way to get to the top of the ladder

I have a friend that does occasional work on D2 mods so he gets to see server side information from time to time. He just got the new server side patch information for today and here is the interesting thing he discovered. If you take an account that has one of each character type at lvl 80+ and then delete all the characters (with their items) and then remake those characters as lvl 1 softcore non ladder chars then you have a new route to the top of the Ladder.

You take one of those characters and level it to 90. Then kill the Diablo Clone at the cow king. This then sets it so that character will receive 1.09 xp from hell cows. Now level that character to 99. After you hit 99 spawn a Diablo Clone at hell Baal and kill him solo. When he dies you will not get an anni instead your character will become level 100 and you will have the option of chosing what type of ladder character to transform him into.

Note that this method will only work if you begin it today. So lvl 100 here I come.

2. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Cruel joke. Many newbies are prone to try this. :thumbsup:

3. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Stinger still had the best april fools. This is pretty outlandish! :jig:

4. Vegito186

Vegito186 IncGamers Member

Did anyone happen to catch the joke posted on the FotD? Heh, uber shrine...

5. HR-Tecira

Yes I based this one off the fotd post with a couple of key dc killing locations. I do not think you can spawn him at Baal. I know you can't spawn him at Andy and after that attempt we did not try any other act bosses guessing that none of them were legit places.

I figured it was unlikely anyone would attempt this before someone pointed out it was an april fools joke since I made the requirement for the level 100 character pretty hard. I would suspect there are not many people with an account that has 1 level 80 or higher character of each class. I checked and even I don't have an account that meets that requirement hehe. I do have a lvl 80+ of each class but they are on more than one account. I figured the part where I specified that this would only work today would get anyone that was not paying attention to the date to notice it was April 1st esp since my post was well after Stinger and Hakka's.

6. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

What?! This is a joke? No way! I already deleted all my charaters on my main account and I leveled a SC charater to 17 as of speaking.

You are not joking, right? Otherwise, you have to return all my items to me (shako, tgod, skullders and more). It took me so long to collect them and I will hunt you down if it is a lie.

7. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Seventh thread I get to do this at.... :cheesy:

8. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

Only Grand Vizier and Act 5 to go.

Phantom- :drink:

9. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Oh damn all you people for ruining a perfectly good april fools joke!

Think of all the people who COULD have been fooled! Shame on you :rant:

EDIT: Oh, and you made me use the rant smiley. Even more shame on you!

10. HR-Tecira

All seal bosses in act4 now done and the ss taken Phantom :). So on to act5. IIRC you got eld already so a shenk ss next on our list. Guessing that since the seal bosses worked that baals minions will also. Though after the first group will be a bit annoying to set up.

We are having a bit of fun and slowly killing d clone at each superunique location and getting ss of the fight. We have now officially made it to act5 :).

11. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

Once act 5 is done, I'll post the log of them here and on CDC. It'll be fun.

Once we hit Minions, let's try for Lister first.

Phantom- :drink: