Interesting Fact of the Day

Bulgarian

Banned
Interesting Fact of the Day

It takes 3610 baal runs to level from 98 to 99

I found this out myself, did 1 hell baal run with 8 players(the command) and then just did the math. This is on average, killing 5-10 monsters before actually starting the baal run. No anni either.

Anybody ever been this bored?

GreyGhost

Banned
OG Al said:
I logged 2,452 Pindleskin runs over the course of ~2.5 months back inthe 1.08/9 days. I actually kept a file with the results of each run, but I deleted it long ago.

So yes, in answer to your question.

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
OG Al said:
It takes 3610 baal runs to level from 98 to 99

I found this out myself, did 1 hell baal run with 8 players(the command) and then just did the math. This is on average, killing 5-10 monsters before actually starting the baal run. No anni either.

Are you lvl98 when you did this test? I think it's way more than this number. I think it's around 8000 for solo run, and 6500 for 2-player killing baal. 8-player doesn't help more than 2-player I think.

Bulgarian

Banned
kuafu said:
Are you lvl98 when you did this test? I think it's way more than this number. I think it's around 8000 for solo run, and 6500 for 2-player killing baal. 8-player doesn't help more than 2-player I think.
In single player theres a command "/players8" where you can set the number of people you would want in your game.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
OG Al said:
In single player theres a command "/players8" where you can set the number of people you would want in your game.
But are you sharing the exp? or simply getting the equivalent to a full 8 player game where one person kills minions without partying the others?

Bulgarian

Banned
MapleBarb said:
But are you sharing the exp? or simply getting the equivalent to a full 8 player game where one person kills minions without partying the others?
You know, i have no idea.

I thought that when your partied (and everyone is the exact level as you(which is what i simulated)) you all get equal amount of EXP.

If its different then i would have to take that into consideration.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea you may find it hard to fill an 8 player game on bnet with all players at lvl 98.
Then do 3600+ runs :smiley:

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
OG Al said:
You know, i have no idea.

I thought that when your partied (and everyone is the exact level as you(which is what i simulated)) you all get equal amount of EXP.

If its different then i would have to take that into consideration.
I only asked because my char gets around 35k or so when everyone's partied. And 3610 sounds like a low number of baal runs for 98. I did notice if I take him to a duels game and then do a baal run without partying everyone that I get a lot (for the lvl of course since the amount of exp at that lvl can make the bravest of men cry lol) more exp since I dont share the exp among the other players. So I wondered if this is the case in single player.

Bulgarian

Banned
lagalot said:
Yea you may find it hard to fill an 8 player game on bnet with all players at lvl 98.
Then do 3600+ runs :smiley:
My friend used to do 8 player private baal runs.

Dont expect to be leveling to 99 from only pub games.

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
OG Al said:
My friend used to do 8 player private baal runs.

Dont expect to be leveling to 99 from only pub games.
Well with that setup and everyone the same level your 3610 game estimate should be correct.

Next estimate...how long to run 3610 games..:laugh:

Athelstan

Diabloii.Net Member
lagalot said:
Well with that setup and everyone the same level your 3610 game estimate should be correct.

Next estimate...how long to run 3610 games..:laugh:
Roughly 13 days. Thats considering absolutely no breaks, 24/7 running, baal runs that average about five minutes (which is probably unlikely), and a total lack of a real life and personal hygiene.

Realistically, several months.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
MapleBarb said:
/players X treats the other players as unpartied and/or not in the area.

OG Al said:
Approximate Experience formula (actual formula uses fractions divided by 256):

<total monster exp> = <base monster exp> * (.5 + <# of people in game> * .5) * (.65 + <# of partied & nearby players> * .35)

Each player gets a share of the <total monser exp>. That share is equal to <player level> / <sum of all nearby partied player levels>.

Each players share is then affected by mlvl/clvl penalty, clvl penalty, and any +exp bonuses.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Athelstan said:
Roughly 13 days. Thats considering absolutely no breaks, 24/7 running, baal runs that average about five minutes (which is probably unlikely), and a total lack of a real life and personal hygiene.

Realistically, several months.
not that difficult to have 5 minute baal runs if you have the right equip. its the 24/7 for 13 days thats harder to do lol

TriggerHappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, lets say your 3610 Baal runs is right.
3 min per baal run= 10820 minutes or

180.5 hours

~7.5 days

to grow 1 level.

I'm sorry I would never do it.