Interesting Cannabis Statistics

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting Cannabis Statistics

http://www.ccsa.ca/pdf/ccsa-004028-2005.pdf

According to what Ive read here, lifetime MJ smokers are well educated and earn a lot of money.

According to what Ive been told, MJ smokers of all kinds end up in an alley with leaves in their hair and worms in their teeth.

Not trying to rehash any old arguments or whatever, just pointin.

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it makes a big difference what you smoke.

I know for me that skunk makes me absolutly useless if I smoke it over a few weeks regularly where with resin I can function normally.

I tend to switch between the two.

I have a well paid job and good prospects. (ok, so I hate it and it's boring...).

It's far more likely that acohol will mess it up for me than smoking.

KnightFall

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
According to what Ive read here, lifetime MJ smokers are well educated and earn a lot of money.
Well I would imagine if you've got more money, you can afford it more. What I found interesting is that out of the 44.5% who tried it in their lifetime, only 15.7% of those tried it once and never again.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
There is also a very high drop-off rate around the age of 24, classicly. That may be changing now though. Many use throughout college and then just give it up.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I doubt the age dropoff will change too much. Unless maybe the laws get changed a lot, or it becomes legal

llad12

Diabloii.Net Member
From what I understand, the $3.00 matchbox/Three-finger $10.00 lids are a thing of the past ... :p

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
alcohol addiction is much worse then marijuana addiction. from what i have seen a lot of wealthy people regulary smoke marijuana.

super mario knows best

Phil

Diabloii.Net Member
The reason that cannabis is illegal is because when the US was coming out of prohibition many people felt the need to make some other vice illegal since drinking was going to become socially acceptable again. Many people will argue that someone who smokes weed is unlikely to rob a convienient store or beat their wife, while alcoholism has proven many times over to be a violence inducing addition in some people. However, I have this funny feeling that things arent going to change any time soon.

phil

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
nrabbit said:
from what i have seen a lot of wealthy people regulary smoke marijuana.
Yes and as we all know rich and sucessful people are much smarter than regular people.

too...much...sarcasm...

*head explodes*

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
SilentMagik said:
Yes and as we all know rich and sucessful people are much smarter than regular people.

too...much...sarcasm...

*head explodes*
Hey, it's true, I'm rich succesful and a whole lot smarter than average. OK, that was mostly a lie, but I do agree that most marihuana users I know are somewhat more upperclass. Like Knightfall and me (j/k about me :uhhuh: )

HoD

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree that cocaine is a rich man's drug but i think that cocaine is one of the worst drugs, highly addictive and very expensive most of the times

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
I wonder how many doctors and lawyers use cocaine. Since cocaine is such a different social subject than marijuana its harder to know.

Im assuming that doctors and lawyers are educated people.

Ranger14

Diabloii.Net Member
nrabbit said:
alcohol addiction is much worse then marijuana addiction. from what i have seen a lot of wealthy people regulary smoke marijuana.

super mario knows best
..and because wealthy people smoke marijuana that must make it alright because...?

A lot of rich people drink regularly also. It is common part of the business world as you are entertaining clients, vendors, etc. The thing is alcohol is legal to drink as long as you don't drive. Marijuana is not legal. How smart does that make these insightful, educated, rich people that are being correlated to making marijuana look more credible? I think it is quite a reach to try to make marijuana seem more appealing by saying rich, educated people use it. :rolleyes:

Edit: The study gives a percentage of lifetime users that finish high school, took some college, then the percentages of users drop 10% for those that finish college. Doesn't seem like much to go on if you ask me. I could conclude from that, once people got even more education they wised up some. ;)