Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Interesting Blizzard Tech occurrence

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by acmurphree, Apr 29, 2008.

1. acmurphree

acmurphree IncGamers Member

Interesting Blizzard Tech occurrence

I wanted to investigate more into the possibility of a Diablo 3, so I decided to see what I could get out of the tech bots ingame. The Tech was [email protected] Peter asked for my email address as usual when he got to me. He then asked how he could help me today. I told him that I wasn't the fastest typer so he would have to bare with me. Peter responded, "No worries." My question was "Can you comment on the extension filed with the U.S. patent office on April 19, 2008 by Blizzard under the name Diablo?" A mere 5 seconds after I had typed the question, I would kicked out of the channel and the lost connection to battle.net appeared. I was not temp banned, and was immediately able to log back into battle.net. I was playing D2 in a window while downloading music at the same time. My downloads did not falter and I can verify that my actual internet connection was not interrupted in any form. Mysterious....

2. raishi

raishi IncGamers Member

Re: Interesting Blizzard Tech occurrence

you just got booted from the game...which obviously means they not only don't want people to ask questions, and refuse to answer those that do...but they want to discourage such questions being asked...which seems more of a way to incourage them...but hey thats me...

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I highly doubt a tech support guy even has the power to boot you offline. Even if he did, I seriously doubt the tech support guys are anything more than 3rd party personnel, not privy to anything that goes on at Blizzard. And even if he did, I'm sure he'd just say that he's not allowed to comment on such things.

4. Me2NiK

Me2NiK IncGamers Member

They certainly have the power to eject you from battle.net.
    The fact is they can get fired for talking about that (non-disclosure agreements are fun, aren't they?) so they're not going to.

5. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

I don't really see this as particularly interesting or enlightening.