Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IntelligentX's (crappy?) guide for Uber leveling

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by IntelligentX, Oct 18, 2006.

1. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

IntelligentX's (crappy?) guide for Uber leveling

Okay, this is my first (maybe the last) piece of guide I have ever composed...
    Tired of acting like a bot in baal runs? Tired of getting killed in chaos when leveling your level 1 character? Then this will be a useful(?) guide that may save your time (and life) from leveling. :rolleyes:

What you need for uber leveling:
    Organ set (For sure!)
    At least two hammerdins (Three are preferred, but two should be okay.)
    Leecherz (And this is the aim for this guide...)
    Tanker/Trigger (Any character that has high life and high resist.)
    Smiter (Prefer a smiter that can solo tristram, but if there has no 1337 smiter on the group, read C Squad's uber quest guide and read the "Party suggestion" bits.)

Information on how to obtain organ sets can be found here.

Procedure:
    1. Bring a smiter, open a game and open the portal to uber tristram.
    2. Kill Diablo and Baal but DON'T TAKE DOWN Mephisto.
    3. Bring a hammerdin and clean up Uber Tristram a bit.
    4. Bring Uber Mephisto to this house. (Press here for picture if the link is dead.)
    5. When he is trapped in the house, teleport away.
    6. Bring leechers and hammerdins to the game.
    -Tricky bit in here, the last character joined to the game will be the trigger, so I recommand the tanker join the last. If that fails, read *)
    7. Leechers stay in this corner, where hammerdins ready to kill. (Press here for picture if the link is dead.)
    8. Tanker stands on the trigger platform, and spam hammerzzzzzz. (Press here for picture if the link is dead.)

Continue killing until the game start to lag or the walls of Uber tristram start to disappear (Don't have screenshot at the moment...). Tanker will need to off trigger platform and everyone leave Uber Tristram and move to act1 so it can "cool down". Within 5 to 15 minutes you can return to Uber Tristram and continue leveling. If you want your torch back after leveling, remember this procedure otherwise don't cry when you lagged out from the game...

*If the trigger is a leecher or can't tank at all, the procedure will be a bit different:
    1-6. Same as above
    7. Put the trigger and hammerdin in this pattern. (Press here for picture if the link is dead.)
    8. Tanker stand on the trigger platform and hammerdins spam hammers as usual.

Aura combination on the hammerdins:
    Concentration is a must for all hammerdins as it is the only aura that increases the damage of their hammers. Hammerdins with enigma should have no problem on the life as enigma has + life per kill. If no enigma you may use prayer/cleansing/meditation (Cleansing and meditation can heal life as it is synergy of prayer) for healing issues.

Without insight mercenary:
    Concentration
    Meditation
    Cleansing

Without insight mercenary and low resist on the groups and hammerdins with no enigma:
    Concentration
    Meditation (Mana regen + healing)
    Salvation

Where the hammerdin with highest level of concentration will activate concentration to achieve highest possible damage for the hammerdins.

I think that's it now. Please tell me if I have missed anything, and I will correct it ASAP. Thanks!

Remember that I am he, please... :rolleyes:

2. bg1256

bg1256 Diabloii.Net Member

Never done this before, but the guide looked pretty good for a first draft :thumbsup:

3. pancakeman

pancakeman Diabloii.Net Member

So how effective is this?

4. TTTimo

TTTimo Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah.. how fast do you level up? And from what level character should you start (as leecher).. Faster then Diaruns after glitch rush?

5. IntelligentX

Not entirely sure as I never been a leecher before :laugh:
    But I think it is faster than chaos runs as experience increases continueously, but chaos run isn't.

6. ael

ael Diabloii.Net Member

I wouldnt note that as a crappy guide. :azn:

I think its quite understandable and easy to read, with little do-fuss. Altho even when the g merc bug existed, uber lvling wasnt too popular. And now with the bug gone a very few number of people will bother doing this, as it is, lets admit, a pain in the arse.

7. IntelligentX

Thanks for the comment :laugh:
    I am glad to hear that you guys can understand my English :rolleyes:
    But as you said, it is pain in the arse for uber leveling as it requires at least two hammerdins for leveling :azn:

8. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind Diabloii.Net Member

I was unaware that continuously-spawning skeletons in Tristram had experience. I thought they were treated the same as spawns summoned by Nihlathak or imps created by huts. On average, what kind of percent experience boost do you get from this over Baal runs?

9. ael

ael Diabloii.Net Member

The guide is nice tho. Too bad these forums dont support [img\] tags. I could never make one work, altho the code for it does exist. tt

Skeletons raised are different from the imps in a1 for example. If you kill an imp, let the shaman or wathever revive it and kill it over and over again doesnt give any xp or loot. Skellies raised by meph are raised `from nothing`, so they do give xp. Btw I thought the summons from Nila do give xp. Guess I was wrong.

10. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Yeah, weird. The Zombies from Blood Raven give no exp either, once she starts Necro-ing them from the ground.

11. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind Diabloii.Net Member

Imps are from huts in act five, the ones that shoot firebolts everywhere and teleport whenever you get close. You're talking about Fallen and their Shamans, which don't give experience similar to zombies raised by Blood Raven.

12. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Only, and only if single player have ubers....

13. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Ive done this Uber lvling a couple of times, better than baal runs by a mile.
    I gained a lvl in 20-30mins (after 80).
    You just stand there and he continuesly summons.

However hasnt done it, has to try it.

14. seralph

seralph Diabloii.Net Member

Does the last char entered the game trigger the raise of skelletons? So if I put a mule in my game while doing trist then the mule staying in Harrogath prevent Meph to raise them? And do you need at least two hammerdins to make it safer for leachers or is there an other reason?

Nice idea anyway.

15. IntelligentX

I am not entirely sure about the trigger mechanism too, but in most of the time, the last character joined the game should be trigger. I never tried what you have mentioned, though, cause our aim is to level, not to sit in the game :laugh:

For the hammerdin issue, at least two hammerdins are needed to ensure killing speed and protect the tanker.

I have heard that there are mods that can enable the SOJ count so Dclone will eventually walk even in single player. Isn't there anything similar that can trigger Uber Tristram?

16. ael

ael Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, there are mods that allow that. Altho selling sojs on sp could be a bit of a pain in the ***.

17. k/t

k/t Banned

Why? Assuming you find 2 SOJ a year through heavy MFing, it would only take between 40 and 60 years to sell enough to spawn DClone. What a story to tell your grandchildren!

18. seralph

seralph Diabloii.Net Member

Why you need to sell 80-120 soj's to spawn him, maybe one soj reach. If I need to sell 100 soj's I would mod the mod.

@IntelligentX: Maybe it would make point 4 of your guide a little easyer and I'am sure for some people it would make tristruns far more realistic. You definitivlly awaken my interest, I was not aware of a trigger mechanism diffrent form simply being a char near Meph.

19. Kiba

Kiba Diabloii.Net Member

If anyone is curious too how fast a char levels from 20 up too 70 just click the links in my sig.

and that was a slow uber game too....

20. IntelligentX

I am glad that someone DOES try uber leveling ^.^
    Is my guide helping? :laugh: