Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

instant death Bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by ffsWickedffs, Sep 12, 2006.

1. ffsWickedffs

ffsWickedffs IncGamers Member

instant death Bug?

last night i was trying out my new pala with full gear and decided to help a friend in "Normal" so anyhow

Its a lvl 83 Paladin MAX resis

Coa , Eni, Hoz, Mara, Botd , ravenfrost Gooreriders etc you get the point the best gear there is simply..

1300 Life 20k def with 75% Block

And he dies in ONE hit all of a sudden in a bunch of normal oblivion knights and stuff? This happend not only once but 3 times?!!

Anyone know why this happends they shouldn't hardly be able to scratch his armor ffs..

2. nazgarok

nazgarok IncGamers Member

OK's cursed you with iron maiden and it makes you take at least 2x damage you deal, so it's quite normal to die even if you have that gear. If you are not dealing physical damage, it could be a bug

3. ffsWickedffs

Rofl ffs.. how much fun is that? :S makes it impossible to survive no matter what i do? I mean i have about 40% damage reduction too but that didnt help either :/

Is there any way to awoid this? i wanna make huge Dmg ffs :p

4. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

You have all that gear and dont know about Iron Maiden Curses? How much did you pay on EBay for your character?

5. ffsWickedffs

Rofl i hven't played physical :) and my Ama doesnt seem to get affected by this at all thats the simple explanation just got majorly pissed for all the time it took to get the gear and i was hoping that the pala would be better.. No i dont freakign by my gear ffs :p

6. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

It's not toooooo hard to aviod unless you get cursed mid-zeal.

Just watch out for whatever curse you have on you whenever those mages are anywhere near and wait for it to turn to something less horrible.

7. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

You didn't think you could just walk around whacking away at everything without fear did you? :rolleyes:

I was playing for quite a bit before I figured out what Iron Maiden was (many years ago). I had a barb that had picked up a couple of high elemental/low physical damage swords and he could walk through the OK's no problem. Ignorance was bliss!

The Oblivion Knights cast a range of curses (decrep, amp, lower resist) and Iron Maiden is one of them. Iron maiden only works against physical melee damage. When navigating the CS with a melee character I usually let my merc do most of the killing, at least until I know there are no OK's in the area. A pally can use Vengence, that does mostly elemental and shouldn't one hit kill you. Barbs can use Berserk, but that brings your defense to zero and if you run out of mana (mana burn) it reverts to a normal attack.

Good Luck!

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I LOL'ed

It's just not pissoble to have all that gear and not know about how curses work. I bet this guy doesn't know the name of the boss in flayer dungeon lvl 3 (if he even knows about the flayer dungeon...)

9. pimpadryla

pimpadryla IncGamers Member

well in normal u get life penalty depending how much damage u deal to the monster( phy damage) but in normal u simply dont damage enaugh to kill yourself in 1 hit because they only have like what, 300-400 life? to that should be the penalty u are taking... maybe u used zeal? or smited several times to actualy die?

10. pimpadryla

well in normal u get life penalty depending how much damage u deal to the monster( phy damage) but in normal u simply dont damage enaugh to kill yourself in 1 hit because they only have like what, 300-400 life? to that should be the penalty u are taking... maybe u used zeal? or smited several times to actualy die?

11. pimpadryla

12. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

All that good gear and thought that Iron Maiden was some instant death bug? :rolleyes:
    Remember to thank the friend that gave you your items.
    Witch Doctor Endugu!

13. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

I always thought Endugu was above ground :\

14. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

15. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Iron maidern is a curse not a bug.

And with all those gg itamz of yours and you still can't figure it out ?

IM = 2x your damage taken back to yourself if you score a melee hit. So if u deal 5k+ physical, you take back 10k with 40% DR u still eat about 6k damage.

So gg have fun and die.
    :rolleyes:

P.S.If they had OK's in uber tristram uber pallies would all die. :tongue:

16. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

But if he got his own body parts, he would have seen them guarding Uber Izzy.:shocked: