Installing D2 classic after Expansion

JoeBruce

Diabloii.Net Member
Installing D2 classic after Expansion

I've been playing D2 since just before the expansion came out, so I was never able to experience what it was like before all the patches and expansion changes. I was wondering if there is a way to install the original version of Diablo2 while still maintaining the expansion, having both at the same time and being able to choose which I wanted to play. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
JoeBruce said:
I've been playing D2 since just before the expansion came out, so I was never able to experience what it was like before all the patches and expansion changes. I was wondering if there is a way to install the original version of Diablo2 while still maintaining the expansion, having both at the same time and being able to choose which I wanted to play. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
When you make a character you have a choice to make it expansion. Just leave the box that says expansion unchecked and the character will be a classic character. The patches are somthing you will have to deal with if you want to play online.

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
he means can you have seperate patches for expansion and classic. He wants to play expansion with all the patches and classic w/o any.

JoeBruce

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I want to play D2 in version 1.0, while keeping my expansion in 1.10 and all. Go aheah. Call me crazy. I am.