Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

installing 1.07

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by stefan, Nov 2, 2010.

1. stefan

stefan Diabloii.Net Member

2. hardwaredin

hardwaredin Diabloii.Net Member

Re: installing 1.07

i just did this recently. it also took me a while to realize how to do it. so after you unzip the 1.07 into your diablo folder, create a shortcut of the LaunchModGame.vbs (i made the shorcut on my desktop) and copy the lines in the picture he provided in the trench glider thread...the line is..."Here is a picture to help clarify this. Take special note of the "Start In" line." (sorry im at work so i can't see the links).

I think "the next copy" refers to running multiple instances for HF rushing. Also make sure you have the cd. Hope this helps!

3. stefan

hmmm... so i have to put the 1.07 folder in the D2 folder like i did with the RWM thing, right?
    so after that i make 2 more shortcuts of my d2 and change the targets and start in to the ones shown in the picture

also in the guide he is talking about LaunchModGame.vbs
    in the 1.07 folder i got it stands there like this: LaunchModGame
    do i have to change this to .vbs or does it work with just filling in LaunchModGame as target or do i keep LaunchModGame in my version folder and putting LaunchModGame.vbs as target

thx

4. stefan

could anyone please help me with this?

5. madfox

madfox Diabloii.Net Member

I too am having a problem getting this to work...I downloaded/extracted 1.07 to main D2 folder. I make the shortcut of the LaunchMod and change the target/start in lines. Yet when i boot up im still in 1.12. Help?

6. hardwaredin

hardwaredin Diabloii.Net Member

yeah, you put the 1.07 folder alongside your save and Runeword folders. if you only plan on playing 1 character at a time then all you need is the launchmodgame.vbs shortcut. leave that as it is and just change the target info. after you change the target, just run that and it should work. also, make your cd is in :). hope this helps and ill check back in a bit to see if you need anymore help.

7. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

edit: Also, there's a HELP link at the top of the stickies for things like this :D

I'm working on an update of the guide (with pictures, etc to make things clearer) that should be out within the next few hours, if things go as planned.

LaunchModGame might not show the .vbs extension, but it's the right type (VBScript Script File). Just downloaded to double-check myself.

Now, create a shortcut of LaunchModGame to your desktop, and it should have the correct 'Run' and 'Start In...' lines (the same as the left shortcut in my picture, substituted with 1.07 instead of 1.09b).

If you want to run multiple instances, you'll either have to create a second shortcut as shown in the picture (to run for every other instance) or downloaded my updated LaunchModGame.vbs from the guide (recommended). Either way, you'll require an update to D2gfx.dll.

As I said, if this isn't clear, I'm doing a full update of the guide and repackaging of all the game versions from 1.00 through 1.13c with my updated LaunchModGame script that should be released within a few hours, barring any craziness.

8. stefan

well, i got it working :D
    wasnt as hard as it seemed
    just copied a shortcut of D2 and changed the target and start in to the ones shown in the guide(but then 1.07 insteed of 1.09b)
    when that was done i tried to play and it worked :D

thanks for the help all

9. madfox

madfox Diabloii.Net Member

I figured it out....didnt have cd in lol. I assume no cd cracks are illegal?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  10. mattinm

mattinm Diabloii.Net Member

They aren't approved for SPF play, as far as I know.