Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Installation Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PFS, Oct 13, 2006.

1. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Installation Question

I recently dug out my old DII CDs and went to install them after a long break from the game. Turns out the 'Play' Disc has a small scratch on it that seems to be in a vital place as it just demands I insert the CD which is already in there.

I've tried hunting about for a new copy, but all I can find are DII EXP CD's. Which I am happy to install, but I need to know if it is possible to install the Expansion if the Classic 'Play' Disc for DII is not working properley.

I remember last time I instaled i had to keep switching discs over, but cant remember which ones.

Does anyone know?

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Psst. Installation!
    Also, I know that my computer requires about 2 minutes to realize there's a new CD in the D: drive. I'm assuming you've waited long enough, but you can never be too sure...

3. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

When i put the CD it buzzes and hums for a bit then asks me to put the CD in. When I click on 'My Computer' it shows the 'Play' disc in the drive, but it does not seem to recognise it when starting the game.

It's a Version 1.0 - so it's a 11 year old CD that has had heavy use... Guess it finally gave up.

4. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

It can also be your cd-drive, one of mine (52x cd-writer) refuses to read my old disks while my new somewhat slower dvd-burner (40x cd-reading) happily reads them. Could just be an unclean laser that does it, or something like that, try loading your disk in another computer and see it it works.

And it can't be 11 years old now can it :wink3: (d2 was released in year 2000)