Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Installation Problem...Please Help!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Leash, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Leash

Leash IncGamers Member

Installation Problem...Please Help!

Hi! I am a fan of Diablo and played it a while back when a friend let me borrow it, a couple years ago and decided I would buy it myself. After putting the disk in the drive, I run the installation, I get to what type I want, Full, Single player, or , Multiplayer. After choosing a popup comes up saying : Unable to save uninstall data file. Installation aborted. If anyone knows what I can do to fix it please help! Thanks!

2. Phesto

Phesto IncGamers Member

Unless someone knows right off the bat, I'd say your problem will be pretty difficult to solve unless perhaps you provide some information.

Only thing I can think of right now based on what you've posted so far is to check the folders in Program Files and see if there are any remnants of the previous installation (assuming you're using the same computer).

3. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Was a similar thread on the first page today. You have to start the computer in "safe" mode. I dont think its called safe mode on xp. I really cant remember what the file you had to run was called... But some kind of a safe mode. Then install and it should be smooth.

edit:
    That worked for me.

4. sventhe

sventhe IncGamers Member

Help me on how to install the diablo 2

i download diablo 2 from bearshare... but when i try to install it it says cd please insert cd labelled "install disk"

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

try logging in as administrator before installing

6. Lanceor

Lanceor IncGamers Member

As shown on Blizzard's website:

Give that a try.

Downloaded copies do not work. The game checks for the original CD when you install it, whenever you start the game and whenever you log on to Battle.net. It is written at the top of every page on this forum that you are not to ask about warez.

7. toto

toto IncGamers Member

i've face another problem....i'd already install diablo 2 but it is cannot running....please insert your cd, it is what my computer siad..it is need for me to download patch for diablo 2?

8. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Do you have the cd? Is it in the cd-drive? If not, then you're not going to get any help on these forums. If it is, update the cd-rom drivers or try starting your computer with the disk already in the cd-drive.

9. Lanceor

Lanceor IncGamers Member

Sometimes I get the "Insert CD" error if I have been running Windows Media Player for a while. Rebooting the computer fixes it.

10. Gertz

Gertz IncGamers Member

Lol? :rolleyes: hehe...

Well.. Sometimes my computer just shuts D2 down instantly without any warning when im running winamp aswell.. no clue why tho :p