Installation Help Please

StlBlues

Diabloii.Net Member
Installation Help Please

Hello!

I have been a longtime reader here on the forums, and this inspired me to pick the game up again for like the 10th time. However, my LOD disk is completely useless now, as it has been scratched for some time.

I was talking with my friend about this, and he said that I could purchase the digital download from Blizzard's website, which would allow me to play without the disk. So I did this, went through the 2 hours of installation to my computer...yet it still asks for my disk to play.

I haven't done any file copying, extracting, or anything fancy like that, seeing as how I know minimum about that stuff and I don't wanna mess this up. I emailed Blizzard's tech support 4 days ago, and haven't heard back. So I wanted to run this by you all:

What would I have to do to make this work? I spent 20 bucks on this download, and I would like to play now. My original Diablo 2 disks are back at home, and I don't wanna leave college to get them back. Does anybody know how I can make this work?

Thank you so much for your time, and I hope you have a great day!

Kjeks

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Installation Help Please

There are plenty of places where you can download a disc image of the d2 cd. Completely legal as long as you have a valid cd key

StlBlues

Diabloii.Net Member

What exactly is a disc image? All the websites I googled seemed extremely sketch, and I don't really trust them. Are there any other options, or is there a safe place to do this?

Kjeks

Diabloii.Net Member

A disk image (ISO) is an archive with all the files on the original disc. You mount it with software designed for that and it acts just like a real disc.

Perhaps this is more relevant to your problem: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777097

Not sure how the official digital download works, but to play without any disc (real or emulated) you need that patch and also to copy the files mentioned in the thread to your D2 directory

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

do it the better way

create a blizzard store account and register your game keys, then download d2 and lod

http://us.blizzard.com/store

pick on summary, then d2 for the new key and downloader
and repeat for lod