Insomnia

tobba

Diabloii.Net Member
Insomnia

Ok, seems like I have one of those sweet sleepless moments again. I've tried alcohol, didn't work. So what should I try next? I don't want to be sleepless for 78 hours like last time.

P.S I got sleeping pills, but they don't work.

Maverikk

Diabloii.Net Member
Go to the docters, they have stuff for this kind of thing. I did it once and they gave me a prescription for this liquid stuff. It was some powerful stuff as it usually put be down with one drop.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
Maverikk said:
Go to the docters, they have stuff for this kind of thing. I did it once and they gave me a prescription for this liquid stuff. It was some powerful stuff as it usually put be down with one drop.
or you can get the street version they call "NyQuil". ohh thats strong stuff

th5418

Banned
dantose said:
or you can get the street version they call "NyQuil". ohh thats strong stuff
Dude, i just drank nyquil for my cold. Im suffering trying to stay awak..asdfasdffssfa

Maverikk

Diabloii.Net Member
The docters don't like when you use that stuff. Since it has alcohol in it, it becomes a little addicting and your body becomes reliant on the stuff. I suggest leaving the NyQuil for the colds and such, unless of course you wanted to be addicted to the stuff.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
NyQuil is the key for all you AA people out there. NyQuil is the key, it's the 13th F-ing step. You can drink it, it's over the counter. Drink as much as you want. People will ask you, "are you drunk?" "No, I have a cold. Same cold I'vee had for three years just can't seem to shake it. I'm high as a kite and my teeth are green, Merry Christmas!"
Name that quote, for 10 bonus points.

I don't have sleep trouble ever. I put my head on the pillow and I fall asleep. I don't think I've only stayed awake for more than 10 minutes once. And that was the time I saw the ring and everytime I closed my eyes I pictured that girl coming out of my tv.

antiChrist

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, seems like I have one of those sweet sleepless moments again. I've tried alcohol, didn't work. So what should I try next? I don't want to be sleepless for 78 hours like last time.
Take the sleeping pills and drink alcohol at the same time. That'll put ya down.

Chief JB

Diabloii.Net Member
Agent Orange said:
I find that the best cure for Insomnia is to go to sleep. Might work for you too...
in·som·ni·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-smn-)
n.
Chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time

What are you suggesting here? I don't think it's as simple as that, or else he wouldn't be suffering from insomnia.

Agent Orange

Diabloii.Net Member
Chief JB said:
in·som·ni·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-smn-)
n.
Chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time

What are you suggesting here? I don't think it's as simple as that, or else he wouldn't be suffering from insomnia.
Wow you really aren't good at detecting sarcasm are you?

Arokthis

Diabloii.Net Member
For starters, try to get yourself into a routine. If you always go to bed at the same time, you'll have less trouble getting to sleep.
Second, set up an environment conducive to sleep:
  • Clean your bed, starting with airing out your mattress. Your subconcious may be keeping you away from the bed because of odors or allergies.
  • Find sheets that you are comfortable with.
  • Fix your light levels; curtains, nightlight, etc. If you have a digital clock, turn or shade it so the light isn't so noticeable.
  • Get something to generate "white noise" to drown out the world. (Don't bother with fancy machines. A fan is a lot cheaper and can serve a second purpose by keeping you cool.)
  • I've found that I sleep better with some kind of weight on me, so I'm usually under a blanket, even in summer. (It's a thermal type that goes between other blankets to create an air space. By itself it holds no heat because it's so full of holes, so it's perfect for summer. Example of type.
Next, don't do anything that requires mental activity. That includes counting things, trying to create mental pictures, reading, etc. The more you think, the longer you'll stay awake.