Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Insight'd Iron Golem - Survivability?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tkennan, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Tkennan

Tkennan IncGamers Member

Insight'd Iron Golem - Survivability?

Can these bad boys survive in uber Trist? I mainly just want him for everything but Trist, since it's not like I'd run out of mana in there just spamming curses, but I don't want to have to get a new Insight every time I do Trist. Any input appreciated. :smiley:

2. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I very much doubt that old rusty will live up to uber trist. he just doesnt have the life that gumby has, and with Uber Meph being 75% more active do to absence of gumby, rusty will take ALOT of beating... then again, he could make it :rolleyes: .

3. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I very much doubt that old rusty will live up to uber trist. he just doesnt have the life that gumby has, and with Uber Meph being 75% more active do to absence of gumby, rusty will take ALOT of beating... then again, he could make it

You *could* go to town and heal him every now and then. His life (with max golem mastery, min. Iron golem) is high enough that he won't get killed too fast.

4. davel

davel IncGamers Member

I use Insight IGs alot. They are great but they will die from Ironmaiden and the ubers..nothing you can do about it...IM will kill them no matter what damage polearm they are made from too.

5. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

If you maxed golem mastery with some + skill, rusty can have up to 8k life. If you made him out of normal insight with that amount of life he will survives IM no problem.

6. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I use Insight IGs alot. They are great but they will die from Ironmaiden and the ubers..nothing you can do about it...IM will kill them no matter what damage polearm they are made from too.

Like I mentioned before, high golem mastery with low IG skill is the key here...

7. zaempe

zaempe IncGamers Member

iron maiden won't kill rusty if it's made out of a normal 4 sox polearm (i.e. voulge).
    trust me on this, only time he dies is with those nasty pi-*****es in wsk and frenzytaurus pack.
    and i seriously doubt the survivability, even with maxed golem mastery in uber trist...
    just my two cents

cheers

8. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Ask Deetox. He has an Insight IG. I'm not sure how often he makes it...but he has personal experience with it.

BTW, maxing IG is a waste. All it does is upgrade his def (which will always suck), AR (which isn't a big deal...) and Thorns aura. None of those are really worth the 19 extra points. Maxing Golem Mastery is far more useful, as it actually increases IG's life.