Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Insight runeword question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Bert, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

Insight runeword question

Hi,

My mf sorc is a mete-orb sorc.

When doing mf runs with my friend (orb-lightning sorc) we both switch to the maximum of mf and we become very fragile.

With 2 act 2 tanks (both frost aura, we like to survive appart to, and it is so great to see almost all frost imunes slow down!) we manage to do all mf runs, but... it goes to slow because our mana runs out!

now, is the insight runeword in a polearm (for merc) a good idea?

it is cheap and life leach can come from a helm to (also from armor? don't know)

now, my questions:

1) is it a good idea an can it solve our problems?

2) what weapon i should use to make the runeword in? My act 2 nightmare merc (lvl 83) must be able to carry it.

thx for helping me out!

Bert

2. squarewolf

squarewolf Diabloii.Net Member

i'm also a meteorb and insight runeword helps a lot. i use fireball as my main attack in hell so it's a must for me. the timered spells shouldn't empty you out as long as you have a decent mana base. i found shako, occy, lidless, and magefists at 400+ mana (not a single stat point in energy) to be more than enough with the aura on.

any normal 4 socket polearm will do (because the elite versions have nearly 200 str requirements and your merc won't be there without +gear until he's lvl80). save the elite ones when your merc can use em. it's no bonehew but the killing power is decent.

hope this helps.

3. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

Thx it sure does. :)

I only run out of energy when I use my mf gear so i could use the insight runeword when mf-ing and my merc's bonehew when doing baalruns or when i boost ppl.

Thx

4. Dagoth Urs Flaming Hand

Dagoth Urs Flaming Hand Diabloii.Net Member

All you have 2 do if you run outta mana is get 2 raven frosts, and frostburns then u should have between 800-1,2k mana :) do nm andy runs 4 those rings or just trade 4 em (they worth about nuthin lol)

5. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm i mf with my bone/summon necro and he has no warmth but must say 'Insight' is a godsend! I am constantly CEing,reviving, spamming endless spirits/spears during mf runs and very rarely do i drink a blue so wow! The key thing on this runeword is the hidden bonuses. I dun play amazons but i did research to find out what exactly +critical strike means and its % to do double dmg! So at first sight the runeword may not look like a high damage merc weapon but if you roll +6 critical strike with a nice ed and high lvl mediation aura going then merc has 46% chance to do double dmg and this could be further boosted by say a set winged helm (crushing blow too!) :D Ideally the best Insight would be in something in an ethereal elite polearm like great poleaxe but i made one in a non eth thresher (base speed -10) but merc was might and he does really good! Hmm armors like COH (rich) or Skin Of The Flayed One uniq demonhide armor have life leech in em. My might merc for my bone/summon mf necro (lvl 89) uses this :

Insight Thresher (258ed/+5 crit strike/*lvl 15 mediation aura)
    'Ral' Eth 10%ll Andy Helm (to boost might aura, ias, ral to offset -fire resists)
    Duriel's Shell (for cannot be frozen, resists, life)
    *gives 650% mana regenaration w/o factoring in gear hehe

IMO Insight is one of the best value r/w with such low runes! Hope my inputs were useful and yes go with Insight :D