Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Insane Sorc Build?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by OU Fiji, Jun 18, 2005.

1. OU Fiji

OU Fiji IncGamers Member

Insane Sorc Build?

Alright, I was fumbling around on Chippydip's skill calculator (again, sigh) and I came up with a new (at least to my knowledge) idea for a build, so here goes...

- 20 Inferno
    - 20 Warmth
    - 20 Fire Mastery
    - 20 Glacial Spike
    - 1 Telekinesis
    - 1 Teleport
    - 1 Ice Bolt
    - 1+ Ice Blast

The main idea here is to freeze enemies by spamming Ice Blast and to kill them with Inferno. Warmth is obviously pumped for the damage enhancing synergy for Inferno, and Fire Mastery also adds to Inferno's damage. A cool thing about the fire skills in this build is that there are no prereqs involved. Anyways, Glacial spike is pumped to increase the freezing time on Ice Blast, and Ice Blast is kept at a low skill level so the mana cost remains low (Ice Blast will be freezing enemies for 9 seconds with the Glacial Spike synergy, and will only cost 6 mana, so you can spam until your pointer finger falls off).
    I've only listed 86 skill points, so there's obviously more points that can be allocated, but I really haven't thought it that far through yet. Since this is only 1 type of damage being dealt to the enemy, maybe you could pump Ice Blast even more so Glacial Spike will receive a synergy damage bonus from it, which you could then use Glacial Spike as a second source of damage. Cold mastery would also help Glacial Spike's effectiveness. Again, this is just a concept idea, so let me know what you all think of it.

2. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Initially, Inferno is weak, but I think with this freezing idea going on, it could become quite viable. However, I don't know if Inferno is good at killing, from what I've heard, its quite hard. With Ice Blast freezing like crazy, it should be a lot easier, though 9 seconds would be reduced a lot in Hell mode.

3. OU Fiji

OU Fiji IncGamers Member

In this case, Inferno will be doing 1923-2085 damage per second and will reach 12.6 yards.

4. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

I take it you don't know inferno is bugged.

5. Toxis

Toxis IncGamers Member

bugged? how so?

do you mean that is only had a very thin line of damage making it very hard to hit enemies side by side? or is that simply on the assassin trap version of the skill?

- Toxis

nice idea for a build tho :thumbsup: it sounds like it could be quite fun however hell would be very hard as the 9 second freeze length would be greatly reduced and bosses would become a major problem as you have to remain stationary to fire inferno. this makes you a sitting duck, possibly a good merc to get round this?

6. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

It does like half, or a third (not sure which) of the listed damage.

7. Toxis

Toxis IncGamers Member

really? i never knew that.

do you know why? i assume test have been carried out?

- Toxis

8. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

The problem is that inferno is technically 3 different streams of fire, and it is bugged in a way that all 3 streams can't hit. Only 2 will be able to hit a monster, therefore you end up with 2/3 of the listed dmg. I believe the same bug exists with the Druid Arctic Blast skill. I have read about testing being done on this and everything I've seen agrees it's bugged, though some differ on what fraction of the listed dmg you are doing.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Inferno does 23% of the listed damage :(

10. Toxis

Toxis IncGamers Member

ouch, something i did not know. oo the wasted skills.....

- Toxis

11. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

Could you possibly point me to where you found the number 23%? I've seen quite a few different figures at this point but I just can't see where 23% would come from. I'd just like to clear this up for myself once and for all and know what the real percentage is.

12. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

Not going to work inferno does like 1/5 of the listed damage.