Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Input Limit Reached - Death of Farming?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Lanicus, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Lanicus

Lanicus IncGamers Member

Looks like Blizz sneaked this one in today's patch. Now if you join/quit too many games consecutively, you get a very short ban from joining new games. It looks like a method Blizzard implemented to discourage farming.

Is this going to be a major issue for goblin farming in inferno? I feel like this is fine for the softcore population, but given the exponentially scaling difficulty level, hardcore players should not be penalized.

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Haven't experienced it yet, so can't speak to whether or not it will affect goblin or any other farming. As far as the rest of it goes, I don't want any advantages in HC that aren't present in SC.

3. zakaluka

zakaluka IncGamers Member

death of organized group goblin/resplendent farming only. This is what it's aimed at.

End of farming? Melodramatic much :b

edit: on the upside, maybe they can re-up spawn rates of goblins and chests now. To reward those of us who play the game normally.

4. Lanicus

Lanicus IncGamers Member

Eh - I wanted opinions - it grabs attention. Not doing anything the media doesn't already :D

Edited to prevent post-whoring: I was farming Wortham, which is a fairly standard quest to farm and after 5-6 runs, I was locked out for 15 minutes or so. 15 minutes is at least 3-4 runs of Wortham, so if nothing else it slows the pace down a bit.

5. embolie

embolie IncGamers Member

[h=3]Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)[/h]We've recently added a limit to the number of games a player can create within a certain amount of time. Players who hit this limit will see the error: "Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions." After receiving this error, you will need to wait approximately 10 to 15 minutes before creating any additional games.

This change was made to help reduce server strain and improve overall game stability, and we'll continue to monitor the situation and make additional improvements as necessary. We're currently working to find a solution that allows most players who are playing normally to create games without encountering this error, but will still limit some of the more extreme cases of rapid game creation. We appreciate your patience as we make these adjustments.

Thank you

Any reason why blizz felt the need to exclude this "feature" in the patch notes?
    It was an independent change made outside of patch 1.0.2c.

I appreciate the quick response. Any plan in motion to include a counter of some type so players can monitor/maintain their amount of games allowed. I assume it would be similar to WoW dungeon resetting?
    While I'm not sure about a game counter, we will be updating the message players receive when they experience the limit to be way more descriptive. We also haven't communicated the actual limit at this time because we're still working to adjust it. Our goal (as noted in the main post) isn't to arbitrarily penalize players who are playing normally, but to help curb the more rapid game creation we've seen that can really impact performance. That will take some iteration.

We may provide an update in the future with more precise numbers once we've reached a good balance, but we'd like to fine tune the current limit a bit more before we do that (simply because it isn't yet set in stone at this point). We know that information is valuable to you.

6. mrmud

mrmud IncGamers Member

Anything that helps remove the dumb goblin and chest farming that is ruining the game sounds like good news to me.
    (It being "required" for Inferno is another issue entirely)

7. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

They are not going to implement different server mechanics for HC as they do for SC.

I understand this change really, lots of very short games being started over and over is a lot worse on server load than if people just start a game and quest.

8. DeluksZ

DeluksZ IncGamers Member

I was doing goblin runs in 10-15 seconds if there were no cellar/no goblin. Now with my money not being enough to bu upgrades to safely clear act I Inferno, and Hell don't dropping upgrades for that case what shall I do? Mrmud exactly how killing goblins for better items ruining the game?

9. sOFrOsTy

sOFrOsTy IncGamers Member

You buy w/e gold.find gear you can get that keeps your character strong enough to survive act 4 hell, then you go get level 5 valor and do full act 4 hell.runs
    If you get 75% gold.find + the 75% gold find you get from valor, you easily make a couple.hundred thousand per hour

10. rashnu

rashnu IncGamers Member

I'm glad with this change. It will help to solve the problem of market inflation!

I think we need to wait for the new patch though to fully apreciate the change. At least now we will see more action and less idiotic goblin/chests runs. They could also make goblin spawn spots completly random to eliminate that.

11. Retardje

Retardje IncGamers Member

Playing under my level is boring. And the stuff dropping on Hell is less good then what drops on Inferno.

They (Blizz) are really destroying the game for me, coming up with these kind of ''fixxes''. Believe it or not, Goblin farming was just part of progressing through Inferno for HC players. I cleared act I inferno, so I can start farming the Butcher or something, but for other people this really is a nail on their coffin. Act II is a whole different story even. I cant progress through that... I was trying to get to the goblin there and now Blizz gives us this.

12. mrmud

mrmud IncGamers Member

Because you are playing something that is even dumber than Mephisto or Pindleskin runs. Goblin and chest running is the complete opposite of the intended design to make actually playing the game be the best path to item progression. Nerfing goblins and making us actually play the game is required in order for this game to not completely devolve into mindlessness.

13. mrmud

mrmud IncGamers Member

Yea, so play the actual game instead of playing the goblin lottery.
    This is exactly why goblins need to go.

If Inferno really is impossible without goblin running then something needs to be done to Inferno, dumb *** goblin farming should not be the solution.

14. DeluksZ

DeluksZ IncGamers Member

I haven't seen any (not just here but all around the forums I'm using) one single rational reason why farming a spot - which has a better chance to drop nice items then the others - is stupid. Literally every reasoning stops at "it's stupid, you should play the game". Jealousy comes to my mind, I just don't know why because the goblin farming is something which is open to everyone. It's just a matter of decision. I hate to do, but I have to do it to get upgrades. Therefore I chosed to do it. I'd really like to hear some real opinions about why that is stupid.

Also I heard that resuming a game isn't counts. So you aren't making a new game, you are just resuming it.

15. DeluksZ

DeluksZ IncGamers Member

Seriously why do you feel offended by this? It's a decision some make, some don't. Why do you feel bad because somebody out there who you know nothing about chosed to play the game in a way you would never do. Why do you feel the urge to somehow make that not happen, although it's hardly affects you, your gameplay or your life? That is the point I can not understand.

If Blizzard want us to play the game as it is "intended", then wipe the Magic Find attribute. Just completely wipe it and let the raw fortune decide every drop. That is the only solution to this problem, because any way else people will find and will do the things which gives them the best chance to get good items. Now this is the gopblin farm. If there won't be goblins there will be NV stacks with MF items. People will find the zone, the territory where statistically the most champ/unique packs will spawn and will abuse MF gear changing with macros, or some other way. And we will be forced to use MF gear just like some of us feel we are forced to do goblins. Killing goblins is exactly the same as killing champ pack with 5 NV stack, it just takes less less time. That is all.

16. mrmud

mrmud IncGamers Member

You misunderstand me. It is completely and utterly rational to farm goblins. Were I in Inferno I would probably do the same.
    What I am saying is that it is bad for the game. It is dumb that the game is designed in a way to both require and allow for this and it needs to go. Not for my benefit but for the integrity of the game.

It is nothing like killing champion packs and that is why everyone is doing it in HC.

17. DeluksZ

DeluksZ IncGamers Member

In this case I did misunderstood you. I can agree with what you are saying. The problem is that blizzard, with this fix, preventing farming that spot, not changing the game mehcanics. But as I said I heard that resumin isnt creating so maybe goblins will still be reachable relatively fast. Changing the game overall so you don't feel the urge to do goblins is okay with me.

18. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Goblin is overpowered in Inferno, sorry to say. I'm glad they'd restrict it.

19. DeluksZ

DeluksZ IncGamers Member

Got 2 upgrades in 2 days. THat's semms reasonable for me. And btw has anyone tested it already? That resume isn't on a limit?

20. pigge

pigge IncGamers Member

It's more like, you don't have to be able to survive at at all basicly and can just kill a helpless goblin, which doesn't reflect the difficulty in A2-Inferno which you are supposed to beat to get these kind if items. Basicly it's a loophole in the system.

Either way, would it be so hard to just do 4 goblin games then run a butcher run A1?.