Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Input for the "Experimental Sorc Guide"

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by wangboBW, Jan 29, 2004.

1. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Input for the "Experimental Sorc Guide"

I am sure you all have read the post new experimental sorc guide. Which basicly is a FO sorceress with max telekenisis and and E-shield. I am here to report back on what I have found, and urge other players to do so too.

I had a lot more luck by simply putting 0 points into vitality, even if you play untwinked, you will end up with vita charms in the end which (20=10) points in vit. While if you spend those 10 points in mana, you could get (10=40), then factor in the fact that you have +max mana by percent, its a lot better than life. The only problem with this build is that you will be drinking a lot of mana potions just to keep your mana shield up, this is no problem for mephy runs. But in regular pvm, you find yourself constantly replenishing potions. Which bring us to the only solution warmth. I know point in warmth feel wasted when all you are using is a timered spell, but it seems that warmth deserve more points in here as well. I was able to reach 1k max with my relatively poor gear for ladder.

Here is what I used:
    ptopaz shako
    vipermagi
    occulus
    lidless
    frostburns
    Viper Knot: 2 sorceress skills, 24 cold resist, +10 to mana, 2 ll
    Silkweave
    Goldwrap

I used 6 Cold skill Gcs (plain), and a lot of 16+ life scs. In the end my stats looked like:
    796 life
    2109 mana

This turned out to be pretty good with enough mana (haha, i pretty much used mana gear only b/c of that, and I will also admit, those were cheaper than stuff like skulders and anarchid mesh...shudder). I had a lot of fun with it. Not really the most overpowering build, certainly won't be my first ladder character. But try it, its fun.

2. wangboBW

The reason why I chose to use Goldwrap is simply b/c this *** wouldn't trade me his Gloom's trap. Yes this was a little twinked, but I made sure this sorc didn't get really good equip (unlike the suggested equip) b/c I didn't really want to waste too much cash and time on her. That is why she is only lvl 83, haven't even completed izual quest yet, grrr need more points in warmth!!!!!

3. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

do you have shiver armor or anything like that? how easy is it to tank? better than a normal sorc? might you want at least a few dmg goes to mana items? did you max ice bolt with orb?

4. mr.nadalar

mr.nadalar Banned

good idea, it might work

5. wangboBW

I have a orb that gives shiver armor, since i mainly had to come to town to get pots alot, i reset shiver armor every time i return to town. I might put points in that spell, not sure yet. I maxed telekenesis first though, then went to orb+cold mastery, then ice bolt, then a couple of points in E-shield, I plan on putting rest in mana

6. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

damage goes to many doesn't work very well with maxed enery shield/telekinesis... think about it.

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

I don't even have a shako. Does that mean I'm too poor for this build? :D

8. phillup

phillup Banned

how much damage does energy shield absorb at high synergy levels?

9. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

however, in this example, es was not maxed, tk was. in that (or any case), just one or two dmg to mana items would help your mana bulb stay full.