Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

inner sight??? to boost 'to hit' % - best option?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by monkadin, Feb 10, 2004.

1. monkadin

monkadin IncGamers Member

inner sight??? to boost 'to hit' % - best option?

like it says 1 point in inner sight with just a few +skills does like -50% monster defence - with a huge radius, why not cast that to help you hit with say strafe in hell rather than boosting penetrate or getting a blessed aim merc?

2. Red-Dog

Red-Dog IncGamers Member

Inner Sight only takes off X defense, not X% defense... so It's really not very helpful later in the game.

3. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

ah if only it were so, it takes away defence not defence%. near 700 defence at lvl 20 too but when hell baal has 2847 def its only like 25% of a drop which is substantial yes, but at the cost of having to cast and recast. its generally better to just use something with ignores target defence.

4. Sir Charles

Sir Charles IncGamers Member

But does Ignore Target Defense work against End Bosses, Uniques, Champions, etc?

5. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

In a word? No.

6. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

really? ive never seen anything posted to the contrary, mind droping a link?

7. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

I seem to recall that those numbers are wrong, but I haven't been able to play with my wandazon lately so I didn't have a chance to check. At level 20 you're lowering defense by 800+. When you have a level 30 you're lowering defense by 1600+ and at level 40 you're lowering defense by 2600+.
    Throughout normal level 1 to 5 inner sight will do. Nightmare, 5 to 15. Hell 20 to 30.
    With these values you need a marginally amount of attack rating to negate 90% of monster defense and you'll have no problems hitting monsters in hell. An attack rating value of 2000 or so could be enough dependant on your amount of +passive skills. You can almost get this with level 1 penetrate and the high amount of +skills, base dexterity and some +AR bous from gear like charms and rings.
    With high amounts of +passives you can really make strength oriented tankazons and spearazons viable concerning attack rating issues, the dodge/avoid/evade skills and the decoy/valkyrie numbers. For javazons and bowazons inner sight is not very impressive since these characters often tend to have high dexterity and thus high attack rating anyway.

8. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

9. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

I have maxed inner sight at lvl 20, it reduces opponents defence with 800+. As for a fendazon in nm, the char has no problems in hitting monsters, with only 1 point in penetrate and 100+ in dexterity. Chance to hit is appr. 75%, but I want a safer margin and have raised to 85%. The fun is, this char is hc untwinked and with no extra points in dae skills, it seems that the fend cycle does hit every monster. But it introduces another problem: I cannot easily retreat during a cycle when I’m hit badly. With my other spearazon build (12/7/12 dae distribution, max fend) I could easily escape when fend did interrupt.

10. redsand.

redsand. IncGamers Member

As stated before, it doesn't reduce by a percentage.

The skill is amazing for my level 9 dueler tho.

11. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Arreat summit values of inner sight are values from the Beta-version. We're past beta now and they haven't updated the tables yet... I did send the proper ones in but it'll probably take days/weeks/months before they're fixed.