Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Inner Sight & Slow Missiles

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by harley98, Mar 31, 2005.

1. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

I have not seen any posts about this and was wondering if i might be mistaking.

When useing slow missiles I have noticed an increase in killing speed. So I decided to see if I could find out what was going on, so i ran some tests. My results have come to the following conclusion.

1. it does not increase AR or Dam
    2. it however does seem to increase chance of critical strike

has anyone else noticed this?

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

huh?...inner site simply reduces the monsters defense and makes them a little easier to see
    slow missiles...do i even need to say what this does?

the only passive skill that has synergies is the valk...which gets decoy +20% life bonus per level penetrate +40 to a/r per level
    critical strike, dodge, evade, avoid all gains listed skill bonus

i can't see haow either effects the chance to do double damage

3. harley98

I understand how the basic skills work but I think there is something else going on besides lowering defense or slowing missiles. I have run numerous tests and I can do more damage useing the skills than not useing them.

4. superdave

stranger things have happened before....i still can't see the correlation....i also have never read about anyone else experiencing this before....alot of zons use slow arrow but not many use inner site at higher lvls....if there is something else going on i would look more closely at the least used skill...the phenomena may not be documented because so few zons use the skill inner site

5. harley98

My bust!!!!!! I failed to realize I just switched my gloves from Laying of Hands to Lava Gout.

Lava Gout have a 2% chance to cast lvl 10 Enchant on striking, thats why I can kill faster. The Lava Gout add 27-39 fire damage plus increase attack rating 101%.

So it seemed that when I was useing Inner Sight or Slow Missiles I was killing faster, but it was the Lava Gout's kicking in.

Man I feel like a newb!!!!!!! lol

6. superdave

hey don't feel bad...i just wasted 3 hours trying to figure out why i couldn't get the horadric ammy....i must have made 5 games before i realized that my zon equipped the damn thing because i wasn't wearing an ammy when i picked the thing up...you may feel like a newb but i feel like a stooopid noob!!

7. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

All else aside, Inner Sight does effectivey raise your AR by lowering the monsters Defences which allows you to hit them more often.

8. superdave

yes but because the defense is lowered by a set amount...i think around 300 at lvl 10...the resulting increase in effective a/r could be considered negligible...yes you will kill faster but at a noticeable level?....monsters at higher lvls in hell have such high defense that you would have to max inner site and use skills/charms to boost it before you could say that the skill has become noticeable...penetrate at higher lvls should give higher boost in a/r than investing skill points into inner site

9. Sokar Rostau

Like many skills, Inner Sight is all or nothing. At slvl 20 it takes 615 away from defence which is enough to 1/2 an armour like, say, Arkaine's Valour. At slvl 30 it removes 1015, which reduces most unique and runeword elite armours to the defence of chain mail, if not quilted armour. Not a skill for every build but a useful one nonetheless.

10. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

at least you leveled a bit. :wink2:

11. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

On a side note, I was dueling somebody who had a rogue mercenary, and her inner fire or whatever it's called reduced my armor from 1300 to 300, which is alot in PvP, and could mean the difference of winning or losing.

12. superdave

high lvl duel? a rogue hired in hell at lvl 98 only has lvl 29 IS(without +skills gear of course)

i don't pvp any idea what the attack penalty is for a hireling?? 17% maybe...looks like that doesn't apply to skill like IS if the above is correct

13. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Ah-oh, I recall Kirsty posting about high level Innersight being a great team skill a while ago. I think IS was also changed in 1.10. Does someone want to look this up?

14. superdave

i wasn't able to find any notes on high lvl IS...i know i had them but i can't dig them up....IS combined with the one point wonder skill slow missile add a strafe zon with a riphook on switch and you do as much for a party as a paladin with his auras or a barb with his bo

15. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Hey guys. Quick question - is Inner Sight's effect calculated BEFORE or AFTER enhanced defense? If it were calculated before, it could make for a nasty PvP skill . . . . anyone know?

16. Sokar Rostau

It was Kirsty that first turned me on to Inner Sight some time ago. Actually, she just turned me on, but she did have some useful info on IS as well.

17. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I too am looking for the answer the very same question. The Jabber guide discusses maxing it (I have a PvP Jabber in an SPF PvP tourney atm), but does not explain why. I am assuming it comes before ed, or it wouldn't be proclaimed as that great by PvPer's.

Any help and insight (bad pun, I know) is appreciated.

crg

18. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

is is done to the base armor values :) i got a jabber myself and it takes _alot_ of defense

19. Sokar Rostau

If it were done to the base armour it would be essential for all pvp builds to max it. The most base armour you can get is 1203, and slvl 30 IS takes away 1015 which still leaves a small amount of armour (188) for Enhanced Defence to boost. However no Paladins ever wear Myrmidon Greaves, Sacred Armour, Vortex Shield, Colossus Girdle, Ogre Gauntlets and a Corona. If it did work on base armour IS would reduce almost all builds to 0% def every single time.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and the Amazon PvP community has been missing something all this time. After all is said and done, the ability to render almost all opponents armour to 0% would be considered an uber skill (and would also render Penetrate a complete waste of time).

20. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It doesn't work on a per item base indeed. AFAIK it reduces the base defense of a player before +% Enhanced defense from skills/non-armor.

Edit: Eth sup sacred armor = 901 base defense, it doesn't get any higher than that.