Information about Slayer

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Information about Slayer

Hey there guys, to celebrate my 300th post and almost half year anniversary with the SPF, i've decided to make a long needed introduction. I didn't make one when i first joined because I dind't really know whether I would stay here or not.

Well my name's Jeremy, a 14 year old guy who's in New Zealand, having immigrated from Hong Kong ever since i was 2. I enjoy basketball and tennis a lot, and of course d2. I've really enjoyed my stay so far at the SPF and i hope the happy times will continue.

-Slayer

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the SPF!

That picture in your avatar is you, right? I kind of looked like that many years ago, but time has ravaged my once youthful looks :lol:

I'm guessing you picked up an accent there, it would be cool listening to an asian speaking in a New Zealand accent.

mad.as.a.meataxe

Diabloii.Net Member
Zhao_Yue said:
I'm guessing you picked up an accent there, it would be cool listening to an asian speaking in a New Zealand accent.
Well actually if he was here since the age of 2 it's unlikely that he would have an accent. Not that any of us New Zealanders DO have an accent of course - it's just everyone else in the world that have them!

Oh, and welcome Slayer, never enough of us NZ'ers here!

MAAM

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, it's the Aussies, Americans and the British that corrupt on pronunciations with their accents :lol: The few times i've used TeamSpeak for w3, all the players in america said i had a heavy british accent, but non americans think i dont...Hmm..

-Slayer

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortal_Slayer said:
I dind't really know whether I would stay here or not.
Yeah, I didn't know what to expect either when I first joined. After a couple weeks I realized this is a great community so I stayed. Seems like you feel the same way. Welcome to SPF! :howdy:

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome.

Immortal_Slayer said:
Yeah, it's the Aussies, Americans and the British that corrupt on pronunciations with their accents :lol:
Haha, it's always the others who're wrong, eh? Well, I don't mind, since you haven't mentioned Canadians. :lol:

Dumo

Diabloii.Net Member
yay

good to see some nz'ers around, ill post an intro sometime, been lurking for aaaaages

Ana

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome, Slayer, welcome.

Don't forget to drop by the bar every once in a while.

New Zealand, huh. Know where the name comes from? In 1642, the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman briefly sailed along the west coast of New Zealand.
Tasman noted this in his journal : "To this land we have given the name of Staten Landt, in honour of Their High Mightinesses the States-General, since it could be quite possible that this land was connected with State Landt, although this is not certain. This land looks like being a very beautiful land and we trust that this is the mainland coast of the unknown south land".

Once it was discovered that the "Staten Landt" of Tasman was not part of State Landt, the name Nova Zeelandia, or Nieuw Zeeland became attributed to this country within the decade. The name Zelandia, or Zeeland, appeared on maps for the first time around 1645.

The province of Zeeland is located in the south-west of Holland. It consists of a number of islands, hence the name of "Sea-land".

So much for the history lesson :lol:

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
Analist said:
Welcome, Slayer, welcome.

Don't forget to drop by the bar every once in a while.

New Zealand, huh. Know where the name comes from? In 1642, the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman briefly sailed along the west coast of New Zealand.
Tasman noted this in his journal : "To this land we have given the name of Staten Landt, in honour of Their High Mightinesses the States-General, since it could be quite possible that this land was connected with State Landt, although this is not certain. This land looks like being a very beautiful land and we trust that this is the mainland coast of the unknown south land".

Once it was discovered that the "Staten Landt" of Tasman was not part of State Landt, the name Nova Zeelandia, or Nieuw Zeeland became attributed to this country within the decade. The name Zelandia, or Zeeland, appeared on maps for the first time around 1645.

The province of Zeeland is located in the south-west of Holland. It consists of a number of islands, hence the name of "Sea-land".

So much for the history lesson :lol:
Wow, thanks. I've seen "zeeland" on a map and wondered if that's where name came from.

Ana

Diabloii.Net Member
ComeOutAndPlay said:
*blinks repeatedly*

who did what, where in the what now? my head hurts

hehe smart ppl scare me. please leave the premises
Well, thank you. I'll take that as a compliment :lol: .

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome! I'd hand you some shin guards but you don't really need those anymore... :uhhuh:

To be quite honest I don't remember if I ever made one of these threads... Maybe I'll make one at 10k posts... :teeth:

randy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, there does seem to be a disproportionate number of kiwis here at the moment which is ace.

I'm currently living outside Christchurch *whisper (I'm really english though).