info on socket items please :)

Jpeg

Diabloii.Net Member
info on socket items please :)

can somebody please tell me which socketable items or plain items (that can be socketed) are the most sought after (meaning valuable) ..

reason im asking is because i havent played diablo2 for 18+months and came back and need to re-equip my newly created toons .. lkast time i was ingame chip gems was a form of currency at lower levels and stuff like occolus and shako was sought after . nowe i beleave they aint worth much?

hence because i have no idea the worth of items these days can somebody point me in the direction and tell me which items are valuable nowadays . i hear socketable stuff plain and items with x amount of sockets r worth a lot . so can somebody please fill me in with what people need so i can get farming random hell areas for items to trade :)

p.s thnx in advance for all (if any) replys :)

dragosbaby

Diabloii.Net Member
Jpeg said:
can somebody please tell me which socketable items or plain items (that can be socketed) are the most sought after (meaning valuable) ..

reason im asking is because i havent played diablo2 for 18+months and came back and need to re-equip my newly created toons .. lkast time i was ingame chip gems was a form of currency at lower levels and stuff like occolus and shako was sought after . nowe i beleave they aint worth much?

hence because i have no idea the worth of items these days can somebody point me in the direction and tell me which items are valuable nowadays . i hear socketable stuff plain and items with x amount of sockets r worth a lot . so can somebody please fill me in with what people need so i can get farming random hell areas for items to trade :)

p.s thnx in advance for all (if any) replys :)
This will be removed to another forum im sure, but you can read the reply anyways:

Basic items that have very nice tradevalue

Pgems and bad jewels. All used for crafting or rerolling.

rals,amns,sols,thuls are good for trading as well in larger packs.

Armors :

ancient armor with 4 sockets and 15 ed.
dusk shroud 12-15 ed 4 sockets
dusk shroud any ed 3 sockets - good to very good value
dusk shroud any ed 2 sockets and ethereal

archon any ed 4 sockets - non superior have some value too.
archon 3 sockets any ed have good to very good value

mage & lightplates 10 ed to 15 ed have good value (archon plate look with much lower req and def ofc .) )

Wyrmhide with 10-15 ed 4 sockets

Sacred armor with 15 ed 3 & 4 sockets

Most elite armors are good tradeables if they are 15 ed, and most of them are also nice if they are ethereal. Most valuable ethereal armors are sacred and archon. If they are superior, they can be very valuable.

bezerker axes with 4 & 5 sockets
ethereal bezerker axes with 4 ?,5 and 6 sockets
ethereal flails with 4 sockets (non ethereal too)
ethereal crystal swords with 4&5 sockets(non ethereal too)
ethereal archon staves with 6 socket(4 sockets if they have godly skills, like energy shield,coldarmors)
sorc staves with 4 sockets and skills with energy shield and/or coldarmors
Grand matron with 3 skills & 4 sockets
Matriarchal with 3 skills & 4 sockets

ok now im tired. There is more, but you will have to get the info as you go along

lastly

paladin scepters with good skills like 3 foh,3 conviction or good skills for lvl 18 or lvl 9 can be very valuable as well.

dragosbaby

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
That covers armor and weapons. Here's a few shields to consider.

Sacred Targe w/35-45 resists and 3 sockets - worth a crapload for Dream
Eth Sacred Targe w/35-45 resists and 4 sockets - worth a crapload for Exile

Sacreds are popular because they have the best block rate. Other popular paladin shields include Kurast Shields because they give a nice flat damage rate for Smite and Vortex Shields have the highest Def (I think). Definitely pick up any Elite Paladin shield you see if it has interesting stats though. I'm sure some people have a use for 60% Enhanced Damage shields.

Monarchs - Worth Pul a pop on USWest with four sockets. It's the lightest nonpaladin shield that can be made into Spirit. Oddly enough superior ones aren't any more popular than normal ones. Casters tend not to care as much about having just a little more defense.

Sup Troll's Nest & Blade Barrier w/3 sockets - Popular shields for Dream on nonpaladin characters.

Helmet - Superior Bone Visage. If people are going to make a runeword from a helmet they tend to want this one. It looks cool and is lightweight for its def value.

General socket finding tips.

People want Eth items for popular merc gear and anything that becomes indestructable (Breath of the Dying) or repairs damage (Exile). There are no self-repair or indestructable mods for armor, helmet, or nonpaladin shield runewords so if you find these they might be nice for mercs but the trade value is typically less.

The socketing recipes can be found here.

Elite Armor will always socket to four from the Larzuk quest. Since there is only a 1 in 6 chance of getting 3 sockets on superior armor if it drops with sockets it is considerably more rare and worth quite a bit.

There is, however a socketing recipe for normal items that can give you a chance of getting less than the maximum. It only works on nonflawed nonsuperior items however, but it can be great if it gets you 3 sockets on a high resistance paladin shield or armor that has close to maximum defense. The way most socketing in the game works is that once something is determined to be socketed a roll of 1-6 is made. If an item has less than six possible sockets, higher numbers will always be the maximum. So, if you're trying the formula on a shield that can get four sockets you have a 50% chance (4, 5, or 6) to get 4 and 1/6 for 1, 2, or 3. Still a worthy gamble for the difference between junk and high runes IMO.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

One trick that's good for weapons is to find a flawed version of one you want and then do the repair flawed/crude/cracked item on it. This will set the item's iLvl to 1 which will cause it to get fewer sockets from Larzuk in a predictable fashion. I think the most you can get on weapons at iLvl 1 is 3 or 4, but I haven't tried it in a while.

Armor has variable defense. However, if it is superior with Enhanced Defense that initial roll is automatically the maximum plus whatever percentage you get from the ED . If flawed, it's automatically minimum which makes flawed armor worthless for the normal item socketing formula even after repair since it still has the lowest defense possible making the armor have less Def than average versions several grades below it. Weapons don't matter since there is no variable damage however.

Nonsuperior Armor - Superior items cost a crapload to repair. If you find items with close to maximum defense value, pick them up. I actually prefer these myself. People will tend to shy away from nonsuperior weapons noneth weapon though since even having a little bit more can really add up when all the other factors from skills etc. are factored in. I would only bother with with nonsuperior weapons for weapons that aren't meant to be used for bonking people on the head like Heart of the Oak.