Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity vs Pride

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Decebal, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Decebal

Decebal Diabloii.Net Member

Infinity vs Pride

Hi!

I was wondering which one these 2 runewords are best for a merc?

From what i understand it seems like Infinty is best for caster character and Pride is better for a melee character!

Can anyone confirm this?

/Dec

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I can confirm it...The Infinitys Conviction aura will greatly help any character using elemental attacks by lowering the monsters resistance to elemental attacks, and Prides Concentration aura will significantly boost the damage of most melee characters. That said I don't really think that Pride is all that... it has no enhanced dmg, which even with the Concentration aura makes your merc kind of weak.. be sure to make it in an ethereal elite polearm. Pride would be the no.1 choice for a summon necro...Now I just gotta find Cham + Sur + Io + Lo...

3. Decebal

Ok serene kitten! ;) :D

Yes i saw that Pride has no enhace damage percentage on the weapon except from concentration! But that bonus 315%ed seems not to give the same amount of added damage to the weapon. And of course the weapon used for such purpose is an eth one! At the moment i have only a Eth Colossus Volgue! Has high damage but high str requirements! But that can be fixed!

Pride seems like a good weapon for Might merc used with a strafer using Faith and Fortitude! The damge is getting boosted nicely since concentration and might stack!

IMO the cost for making Pride is almost the same as Infinity...

Anyone else has some inputs/ideas?

/Dec

4. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Concentration will of course boost the weapons damage but since nothing else will it's going to be rather lowish... because the base ethereal damage of an elite polearm isn't too overwhelming. I think that a merc with Reaper's Toll would be almost as good as one wearing Pride, because of the Decreipify, which lowers monsters resistance to physical by 50% and triggers fairly often. Your mercenary would also be much more resilient because of Reaper's life leech and deadly strike capabilities.. Also Reaper's is muc he easier to find than the ridiculous Cham + Sur + Io + Lo combo...

5. Decebal

Yes the merc will survive better with Reapers Toll! No doubt about that!
    DS and lifeleech are bneficial for the merc! Plus that ctc decipify will benefit against PI monsters! Concentration aura on the other hand will benefit though and increase the amount of damage that your playin character can deliver though! For a barb wit a might merc and Pride weapon will boost the damage! Now of course the runes to make the runeword will cost a lot of ists around 16 if i'm not misstaken...but thats almost the price for Infinity as well...

So in conclusion Pride aint such a nice merc weapon after all maybe! And Infinity is restricted to merc casters (as an efficient weapon).

/Dec

6. Fearoth

Fearoth Diabloii.Net Member

Leave the pride to summon necros and druids.

7. Decebal

Then Pride is worth not that much! For druids you mean summon druid ar wolf/bear druid?

/Dec

8. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs Diabloii.Net Member

pride is infact a very good merc weapon but only for certain character classes

for example pride would work very well on

might merc with coh armor and perfect andies visage
    bowazon with faith bow

this would be a killer combo giving massive enhanced damage and the merc would still be able to durvive with 17% ll from armor and helm

9. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Keep in mind Conc also adds chance to have an attack uninterruptable ;)

10. Decebal

@jasonBriggs - that what i was thinking putting the might runeword weapon on a merc for my bowazon and using faith...The damage would be very nice!!! i thin it will go upp between 300 - 600 at least!

/Dec

11. Fearoth

Fearoth Diabloii.Net Member

What i meant is that conc aura is not as effective as decrepify from reapers IF your char already has a lot of enhanced damage %.