Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity Trapper Questions

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Creep, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Creep

Creep Banned

Infinity Trapper Questions

Hi

Got a few questions regarding a lightning PvM/MF trapper that will have access to an infinity on merc.

Which Merc? Thinking Holy Freeze, Defiance, or Might.

Shadow Warrior or Master? does one stand out as being better? if not, what are the pros and cons of each?

Is fireblast needed with infinity? was wondering if Infinity allowed me to go Pure lightning. Figure the infinity will break most LI's, the few that don't break could probably be taken care of by Merc and SW/SM.

Any advice?

2. mumba

mumba Banned

Infinity will work wonders on litening characters. It should break most LIs, and those that somewhat cannot be broken, an a2 merc with either holy freeze (for slowing enemies down) or might (for more hitpower) should be able to take them down easily. Add on top of that ur mind blast, u should have no problem with the few immunities that u cant break.

3. MeGs

MeGs IncGamers Member

holy freeze merc with infinty and a dream helm own... max the lightin traps and c/e traps to bring down the monsters quicker. Shadow master is the way to go 4 a good decoy ....... confusing and mind blast really helps..but let the shadow use mind blast..

4. MeGs

MeGs IncGamers Member

Maybe try thorns 4 a 4th aura on your merc never try it but wanted tooo

5. jag

jag IncGamers Member

I have a level 90 pure light trapper with infinity/holy freez merc -- with tons of skillers and +skill gear --it tears up almost everything.

Been running chaos a few times lately and merc has habit of dying a bunch there due to IM. With out the merc I can get thru it fairly well with shadow master and using fireblast (that only has 1 hard point in it) for the immunes. If there is a cranked up light immune boss it can be slow, if he is dual immune fire and light then have to get merc again to go smack him down.

6. Jelyrol

Jelyrol IncGamers Member

What kind of lighting dmg are we looking at? With a pure lighting build and say 40 in all lighting traps how much dmg is your lighting sentry doing?

7. jag

jag IncGamers Member

1 fb
    20 web
    20 cbs
    20 light sentry
    20 death sentry
    fade
    weapon block
    mindblast

gear:

shako +2
    Maras +2
    Enigma +2
    mage fists
    Arachnids +1
    soj & bul kathos +2
    sandstorm treks
    +3trap/+3 light sentry claw +6
    +2 assy skill/+2 light sentry claw/+1 shadow master +4
    torch/anni +4
    trap gcs +9

cta/spirit on switch (+1 skill from bc)

+33 skills = lvl 53 light sentry = 13.6k per shot light damage

I can add 2 more skills if i find another +6 claw -- that would be 14.4k damage.
    I guess you could get 2 more points from a trap circlet and ammy - but doubt i would like it much after i lose all the life, mana, and res from shako and maras.

8. RoXoR

RoXoR IncGamers Member

for the master/warrior, id go warrior because you have more control, ie you have Light Sentry on right click, she will use it.

9. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Actually dont mind shadowmaster casting traps -- people i have dueled have said that shadow is a good decoy and can help get traps down while I am busy dodging adding to the insanity of beams of lightning flyinf all over the place.

10. Kabouter

Kabouter IncGamers Member

You should immediatly swap to mb on rightclick when you have laid traps, this will cause you're shadow to cast this instead of ls. This will make it a LOT easier to mb-lock your foes.