Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

iNfinity sorc questions..

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by xshOckzx, Aug 30, 2006.

1. xshOckzx

xshOckzx IncGamers Member

iNfinity sorc questions..

well guys i have skimmed thru the guide. i have some unanswered questions tho..

.. how does telekinesis synergize energy shield? i cant see the effect.
    .. should i go max energy no vitality? cause with insight merc on low dmg weapon.. i should regenerate pretty damn fast
    .. does resistance take in effect before or after ES dmg absorption?

thanks guys

2. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Each point added to telekenisis reduces the amount of mana loss per point of damage taken in energy shield.
    Whether you max mana or add some vita will depend on whether you are playing pvp or pvm.
    Iirc es doesnt absorb elemental damage only physical and magic damage.

3. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

1. Every point into Telekenesis reduces damage on ES by 6.25% - so at lvl 1 you take 200% damage on your ES, and at level 40 TK you're actually looking at less than 70% damage. 30% global damage redux on a massive amount of mana which regenerates stupidly fast = win.
    2. I'd say yes, no vitality- you should get enough to survive 1 or 2 mana-less hits (Which should only happen with surprise encounters with mana burn guys) from your gear.
    3. Resistance takes in after ES absorbtion, rendering resists pretty much irrelevant at high levels of ES. Hell Meph throws a 400 damage lightning ball at you, it gets taken down to 20 without any magic damage redux equipment - with max resists, you take 5 damage. You should be able to mop up those 20 points with damage redux or just take the hit on your HP - with no vit you should have 300+ hp with endgame equipment - Meph's deadly death ball of death suddenly isn't so deadly when you can take 15 of them with zero resists.

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

about TK, at level 1 you will take 193.75% mana dmg, with 20 points it reduces mana dmg to 50%. TK is a synergy, so only hard points in it work. Level 40 TK means that you hack the game to raise the skill level cap to 40... which you're not supposed to do.

5. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

I stand (sort of) corrected. If I'd done the math I'd have realized the skill-point cap - it would be -250% damage at lvl 40... which would have you taking -50% damage.
    Now that would be fun.