Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity runewords question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yxx, May 15, 2005.

1. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

Infinity runewords question

just wondering when the conviction aura will remove immunity. So my blizzard socrecess can kill cold immune monsters.

In addition, also wondering comviction and holy freeze are stackable. Thanks.

2. Cerberus

Cerberus IncGamers Member

As far as i remember, the last discussion of this ended up with that conviction can`t break immunities (but im probably in for if it does ;) )

I solve the problem with merc+static, whenever i run into fire/cold immunes with my meteorb.

If your merc is using a weapon with aura it will stack with his own aura. I guess this is what you`re wondering about :)
    In any case, any aura will work together with another.

I would also consider using insight as you don`t need worry about mana, and thus can choose your gear more freely.
    (Then again, it just might be me being jealous of your HRs.. ;) )

3. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

Infinity does indeed break immunities sometimes. Though I am not sure when. My sorc's Merc got infinity and sometimes it breaks immunity and sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps somebody in the Paladin room can answer this question

4. zulaar

zulaar IncGamers Member

There seems to be a bug with aura mercs and I'm unsure if this has been reported or not, but here are my observations about the aura merc glitch:

Whenever a merc that has auras generated by an item dies, his aura does not resume its normal use when resurrected, unless you do one of two things:

a) click on your merc's inventory and remove and replace his aura generating item. When replacing his weapon, his aura returns instantly

or

b) leave game and come back/start a new game (I used to think this was the only way to bring back a merc's aura till I figured out method (a)

Hope this helps those who were unfamiliar with the bug.

Lay-ter,
    Z.

5. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

I remarked that infinity broke immunities of monsters with lower resistances to that particular element. For exemple, in the pits at hell difficulty, they are two different creatures with cold immunity: skeleton archers and corrupted rogues. The skeletons cold resist is 75 and the rogues are 140, iirc. Since the lvl 12 conviction that come with infinity lower max enemies resists by 85, that could explain why only the skellies lose their immunity under the infinity aura. But even then, the skellies remains much more resistant to cold spells than other non cold-immunes creatures. Hope that it helps.

Zalc

6. Theriverstyx

Theriverstyx IncGamers Member

i am kinda confused. so does it or not? :confused: if your merc has it, you will atleast be able to dmg the immune monsters right? even if its a little

7. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Infinity gives a lvl 12 Conviction Aura which reduces enemy resistance by 85%. Against immunities this only works at 1/4 (or is it 1/5?) efficiency. So any monster with greater than 120% cold resistance will not have its immunity broken by a lvl 12 conviction. Anything less than that will have the immunity broken and you will damage it.

8. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

75% cold resist doesn't give immunity. The Bone Warriors in the Pit have 110% cold resist, which means they'll have 93% cold resist after conviction from Infinity.

Hell monsters with breakable immunities (Infinity):
    100% Cold resist:
    Unraveler
    Gloombat
    Flayer
    Gargantuan Beast
    Marauder
    Dark Hunter
    Moon Clan
    Spike Fiend
    Cave Leaper
    Tomb Viper
    Huntress
    110% cold resist:
    Ghoul Lord
    Bone Warrior
    Infidel
    Baal Tentacle (also 115%)
    Salamander

If any of these spawns with Magic Resistant or Cold Enchanted, the immunity can't be broken.

Theriverstyx: If your merc dies and is resurrected, you'll need to make a new game or re-equip Infinity in order to make the aura work again, or the effect is only graphical.