bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
infinity resist break question

Infinity
50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill An Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
+255-325% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
0.5-49.5 To Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30 Charges)

does the - light resist only work for your merc, or does it also come in handy for a lfzon or light sorcy ? and if the lvl 12 convic( -85% resist, don't know the max of resist a superunique can get) doesnt break a superuniques resist, can the - 45/55% light resist break it, or is that the same as cold mastery, and doesnt it affect the immunes among us ?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
yes it works on mercs and yes its good for light sorcs and lfzons.

and they "may" affect immune monsters but that doesnt matter in the end b/c they are "immune" to that element and wont take any dmg.

DudSpud

Diabloii.Net Member
bluedragoon said:
does the - light resist only work for your merc, or does it also come in handy for a lfzon or light sorcy ? and if the lvl 12 convic( -85% resist, don't know the max of resist a superunique can get) doesnt break a superuniques resist, can the - 45/55% light resist break it, or is that the same as cold mastery, and doesnt it affect the immunes among us ?
The "-Lightning resistance" only works for attacks from the merc, not the player. This cannot break immunity.

The -85% resistance works for everyone who attacks the monster. If that monster is immune, then the -85% works at 1/5 effectiveness (either just down to 99, where it works at full effectiveness, or 1/5 all the way - the information I have is conflicting.) If the lightning immunity is broken, then the "-% enemey lightning resistance" mod can kick in, but only for the merc.

For example, assume the monster has 110% lightning immuntity. The conviction will take it down 17% to 93% or 110-99=11*5=55, 85-55=30, so 69% resistance. This will be the lightning resistance for everyone who attacks the monster, except the merc, who will get the additional benefit of the "-%enemey resistance."

DudSpud

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
DudSpud said:
(either just down to 99, where it works at full effectiveness, or 1/5 all the way - the information I have is conflicting.)
1/5th all the way.

zy009

Diabloii.Net Member
for example, if i make the runeword
Crescent Moon
10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+180-220% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+9-11 Magic Absorb
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
30 Charges Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf
and equip it 2 my lightning amazon's mercerary, would my lightning amazon's attack benefit the -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance property from the runeword that my mercerary using? if not, there's not mcuh point of makiong the runeword

FlyingPerson

Diabloii.Net Member
zy009 said:
for example, if i make the runeword
Crescent Moon
10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+180-220% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+9-11 Magic Absorb
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
30 Charges Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf
and equip it 2 my lightning amazon's mercerary, would my lightning amazon's attack benefit the -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance property from the runeword that my mercerary using? if not, there's not mcuh point of makiong the runeword
No, it will not work with ur LFzon, it only limit to the person who wear that weapon. This runeword is great for certain class, for example HolyShock Paladin, Vengence-Paladin, Dream-Melee-Sorc, and I forgot if the Inifinity or Crentson Moon can be made on a Spear, if that can be used on spear, then it will be very useful for CSzon.