Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity - premade or not?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Kralnor, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

Infinity - premade or not?

Heya guys

So my Meteorb Sorc is doing fine MF'ing like nuts in Hell, but I want to go Light to make her even stronger.

At the moment she's wearing full Tal's, Magefist, War Travs, 2x SoJ and 35 FCR Spirit. Using low Anni/Torch/Gheed's with a few fire skillers too. Also got a low CtA/Spirit on switch.

On the merc I got Insight Thresher, Vamp Gaze, and Gladiator's Bane. Not quite maxed resistances, but he does alright.

I think the best upgrade at this point would be an Infinity for the merc, right?

If so, how would you go about acquiring one? I don't have unlimited wealth (yet :p) but I do have enough to buy 2x Ber and then some.

Is it best to roll your own Infinity and get the chance of making a high one? Or would you rather buy premade? It seems like all the premade Infinity out there cost at least as much as the runes required, even ones with pretty bad stats.
    I'm also a bit scared of buying duped runes on b.net. Would really suck spending many Ists only to watch them go poof.

Any input is welcome.

Btw. I play EUSCL.

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Infinity - premade or not?

Well the -res on the Infinity polearm will not help you out at all, it will help the merc only. The one thing that does help you out is the conviction aura which always stays the same level, if you could use gear to buy a low one then I would go that route. I personally do not like to buy or trade for HRs online either.

3. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Unless your sorc carries the Infinity, it doesn't matter what roll you get as BAMF said. A benefit of rolling it yourself, though, is that you get to choose what base item you make it in.

4. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

Indeed, the -ELR% roll only affects the user, so that doesn't matter as the Merc will carry the Infinity. So the only somewhat important stat is the ED%, which isn't critical, but still useful for those LI's that Conviction won't break.

Still not sure what would be the cheapest route in terms of cost, though. Bers seem to be running up to 15 Ist on EUSCL at the moment. But after looking into low premade Infinity prices a little, it seems that with some luck you can get them very slightly cheaper than the parts required for Infinity - Eth Elite Polearm, 2x Ber + Mal + Ist.

So I guess it's either buy a low one and be pretty sure it's not duped or run the risk of getting two duped Bers. Hmm, decisions...

5. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

There is no difference between buying a runeword and buying its runes. Either way you do not know whether they're duped...

As far as poofing goes, if a rune is socketed it won't poof. So just go ahead and do this however you wish :p

6. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

Yes, that's what I was referring to ;) Buying runes and then leaving them around for a while might be risky.

Anyway, thanks for the input folks.

7. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

If you're gonna go infinity on merc, don't forget the andy demonhead and eth fort ;)

8. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

Aye, good points. The cookie cutter Infinity/Andy/Forti setup :thumbsup:

9. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

I ended up buying 2x Ber and 4sox Eth Thresher seperately. Made sure to buy the Bers last to minimize the risk of poofing. Ended up with a really bad roll of 259ED / 45 ELR, but oh well, it's still an Infinity.

10. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

eth cv does a bit more dps with that setup but too late now i guess :p

11. Kralnor

Kralnor IncGamers Member

Possibly, but flexibility was also an important factor to me, incase I want to use a different setup or use the Infinity on another character. The 200 str requirement of Eth CV's really annoys me. A Thresher/CA is much more flexible with its far lower str requirements, especially the Thresher.