infinity or pride?

litokrn

Diabloii.Net Member
infinity or pride?

would infinity's conviction aura or the pride concentration aura help my skellies/mages/revives kill faster?

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: infinity or pride?

This has been debated for a long time, it has been pretty universally agreed that infinity is better for your merc.

Some have mentioned making an IG made out of pride so that you can have both. If you have the money go for it. Personally, I wouldn't make an IG that can poof, out of such an expensive item.

Wizdomm

Diabloii.Net Member

Infinity has conviction that helps out your CE and your mages. But equally important is the crushing blow on it. This drastically increases the effectiveness of you merc...especially on bosses. So go Infinity.

I too, despite being able to afford such a loss, would never make an IG out of an expensive item like Pride, Beast, Infinity, etc. But if you really don't care about losing a good item, then a Pride golem with your merc carrying Infinity and you carry Beast is probably the best option.

jimmah

Diabloii.Net Member

Infinity also helps your skellies by lowering the defense of monsters so they hit more often.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

If you get golem mastery, the chance for your golem dying is very low. With skeletons protecting you, your chance of dying is very low (remember that the iron golem dies if you die). If you use enigma, you're sure it will always be at your side. I've never experienced a poof (at least one that I've noticed), but it can be a risk. If you're rich though, I think it's a risk worth taking

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

Lumpor, a couple of days ago you mentioned never finding a rune higher than an amn. How do you have an enigma, and experience with a pride golem poofing?

Wizzdom has it right. Besides helping CE and mages, your merc is usually the one that gets the first kill, not your skellies. Infinity has very high damage and crushing blow, as well as increasing merc's chance to hit, it really helps him get that first body fast.

Pride adds skellie damage, but without ED on the weapon, it really nerfs your merc's killing power. Not to mention, pride freeze's target, so the boddies pop. That means no corpse's for CE or for skellies/mages/revives.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't have an enigma, but I've read from many sources that all your minions stack when you teleport, meaning that the iron golem is there too. And I don't have experience from pride golems, but I have experience from iron golems made from scale mails, and I've never seen them poof. When I said "rich" I was kinda meaning that 2 hrs are nothing.

MedctnStn

Diabloii.Net Member

If you get golem mastery, the chance for your golem dying is very low. With skeletons protecting you, your chance of dying is very low (remember that the iron golem dies if you die). If you use enigma, you're sure it will always be at your side. I've never experienced a poof (at least one that I've noticed), but it can be a risk. If you're rich though, I think it's a risk worth taking
what happens if you have to save and exit the game? isthe weapon you make the iron golem out of lost forever?

Wizdomm

Diabloii.Net Member

what happens if you have to save and exit the game? isthe weapon you make the iron golem out of lost forever?
Iron Golems stay with you forever...unless you die. And yes...they can sometimes poof for no reason. I have only had this happen once...but it can/does happen.

Machtu

Diabloii.Net Member

The best chance for my Iron Golem to die is when there are snakes on a dkey run. If I don't tp fast enough (and sometimes there's no way to be fast enough) then it dies from the bugged attack.

Sometimes they poof. Enigma helps for less poofing, but sometimes it happens. I just use whatever good drops that I don't really have a use for to make the Iron Golem, love using the IK maul (big damage + crushing blow) with a couple junk jewels tossed in. Doesn't give me conc aura, but the Infinity on the merc works great.

When skellies actually kill something by themselves, I throw a party for them. Almost every kill comes from the merc then lots of corpses exploding.

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

When skellies actually kill something by themselves, I throw a party for them. Almost every kill comes from the merc then lots of corpses exploding.
I agree with Machtu.

I used to use all of the skellie boosting gear, bramble, beast, almost made a pride golem. Then I swapped the beast for a Hoto, which I thought would slow me down, but I actually got faster. Faster tele, faster CE, and bigger CE radius. Then I put the bramble on my psn hybrid and put a CoH on merc, got faster still. Merc was more survivable and with +2 skills and the 200% damage boost to demons, he was dropping that body faster, allowing me to CE faster. hoping to try a Fort soon to see if I like it better than CoH, looking at the mods I expect them to be close to the same.

So all of that gear was boosting skellie damage, just not enough to out damage the merc. So making my merc more powerful and boosting CE range and cast rate is what makes the difference for me, not an extra little damage on my skellies.

Below is a quote from a post I just made on a similar topic.

Except against bosses, my skellies rarely fight. With the 85% boost from infinity to the fire side of CE, and the 100% boost from amp for the physical side of CE. Merc gets one body, pop it with CE, whole screen dies instantly.
By the way when I posted this:
No, the golem follows you from game to game.
Wizzdoms post wasn't there yet, sorry, didn't mean to echo what he had already said.

litokrn

Diabloii.Net Member

man CE is so boring tho...i wanted a fishy for the army, not for a meat shield =[