Infinity or Insight for a Blizz/Fireball Sorc? Other questions as well - Help Please

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
Infinity or Insight for a Blizz/Fireball Sorc? Other questions as well - Help Please

i decided to use full tals set with 3x 5/5 fire facets... war travs magefists wisp ring and soj or bk depending on merc weapon... i noted that from the guide... it stated that infinity doesnt break most immunities... tho that may be true... infinity can definitely be used to increase my fire/cold dmg significantly (or at least i guess?) in comparison to insight which gives me infinity casting abilities... so which should i settle for and why?

also from the guide i know to aim for max blizz max GS or IB... and lvl 17 CM... as well as max fireball max either firebolt or meteor and one into fire mastery... now is meteor effective enough for me to waste a few skill points down the skill tree to get?

wat else i would like to know is if any blizz ballers should aim for es or any of the ice armors?

any opinions will greatly be appreciated... thanx for reading

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
vietl0yalty said:
i decided to use full tals set with 3x 5/5 fire facets... war travs magefists wisp ring and soj or bk depending on merc weapon... i noted that from the guide... it stated that infinity doesnt break most immunities... tho that may be true... infinity can definitely be used to increase my fire/cold dmg significantly (or at least i guess?) in comparison to insight which gives me infinity casting abilities... so which should i settle for and why?

also from the guide i know to aim for max blizz max GS or IB... and lvl 17 CM... as well as max fireball max either firebolt or meteor and one into fire mastery... now is meteor effective enough for me to waste a few skill points down the skill tree to get?

wat else i would like to know is if any blizz ballers should aim for es or any of the ice armors?

any opinions will greatly be appreciated... thanx for reading
Use infinity and buy blue potions for the huge increase in fire damage.

I find meteor isn't very effective without lots of points in syergies and mastery. You could try both ways, but I'd prefer bolt. Also, understand that the guide says slvl 17 cold mastery after +skills.

I wouldn't get ES unless you can get it to level 30 or higher with 10 or more hard points into telekenesis. ES is effectivly suicide if you don't have a huge mana pool and lots of points to spend on it.

Cold armors are your choice, but I've found that defense doesn't really matter until you can get around 11k or more. If you have a Defiance merc and good defense already, a point in a cold armor would help a decent amount, although I wouldn't waste a hard point into it. Just get a +1 shiver armor orb and a spirit or lidless on switch.

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
slynth said:
Use infinity and buy blue potions for the huge increase in fire damage.

I find meteor isn't very effective without lots of points in syergies and mastery. You could try both ways, but I'd prefer bolt. Also, understand that the guide says slvl 17 cold mastery after +skills.

I wouldn't get ES unless you can get it to level 30 or higher with 10 or more hard points into telekenesis. ES is effectivly suicide if you don't have a huge mana pool and lots of points to spend on it.

Cold armors are your choice, but I've found that defense doesn't really matter until you can get around 11k or more. If you have a Defiance merc and good defense already, a point in a cold armor would help a decent amount, although I wouldn't waste a hard point into it. Just get a +1 shiver armor orb and a spirit or lidless on switch.
thanx for the help so far... anyone else wanna give their opinions on whether or not meteor is useful enough to max instead of firebolt?

and i ve decided on using infinity because thats what everyone else seems to think is better

Miladys-Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
vietl0yalty said:
thanx for the help so far... anyone else wanna give their opinions on whether or not meteor is useful enough to max instead of firebolt?

and i ve decided on using infinity because thats what everyone else seems to think is better
I use all 4 skills listed. It just depends on the situation. As an example if there are cold imune monsters (archers/mages) behind a screen of hand to hand monsters I drop meteor in the back and spam glacial spike or fire ball in the front. Vice versa when the archers/mages are fire immune.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
infinity won't help with cold damage much, as you will already take them down to the cap (-100%) with cold mastery alone, and cold immune monsters have higher res than other immunes, so it wouldn't be enough. it will help much more with fire and light immunes.

insight is unnecessary except for 2 situations: tp'ing through large distances, and energy shield.

i'm not a big fan of the ice armors, as i almost always get one on my levelling orb, and i recently made a memory staff with shiver armor in it.

imho, you shouldn't make a blizz sorc + something else, you should go pure blizz or something else with cold tree support. the reason for this is that frozen orb is a pretty good deal at 26 points (20 for fo, 5 prereq's, 1 in cm). also, glacial spike is a very good spell at 1 pt, 2 pre-reqs. you can't say that about any other spell except maybe static.

if you want to go dual tree, blizz is not a good choice, as it doesn't start rocking until the first synergy is filled out, @45 points.