Infinity or Beyond

Vespar

Diabloii.Net Member
Infinity or Beyond

So, I found myself a very nice Ethereal 4os Colossus Voulge and I have the Ist and Mal rune I need and I'm hopefully going to get my hands on a couple of ber runes as well.

I have an 87 Lightning Sorc and an 85 Meteorb and I've found that they both perform very well excluding lightning immunes on my light sorc.

Now, I'm wondering after I get infinity on my merc on the lightning sorc will she become the go to character for my MF runs?

I built her with energy shield in her skill set and she's pretty much hard to kill unless I get manaburned faster than I can react...typcially I can TP away after being mana burned due to really fast mana regen.

I'm just wondering if people think that in "general" that a infinity light sorc is better for MF runs than Meteorb?

Borje

Banned
Re: Infinity or Beyond

I'm just wondering if people think that in "general" that a infinity light sorc is better for MF runs than Meteorb?
If you get your hands on an infinity to put on your merc and some -light res from equipment (Griffons, Facets, Crescent Moon rune word) you will beyond any doubt perform better than a Meteorb... They are one of very few chars that can compete with hammerdins in terms of killing speed...

On a side note, don't know how you are planning to get the Bers but don't count on finding them cuz it aint happening.. trading is the best way.

Vespar

Diabloii.Net Member

On a side note, don't know how you are planning to get the Bers but don't count on finding them cuz it aint happening.. trading is the best way.
I've managed to build up a large stock of items as well as a few pul, an extra mal rune, and a few ums to trade.

nNemethon

Diabloii.Net Member

A pure lightning sorc with a merc poking around an infinity like Borje mentioned is a lesson for the entire Hell act. Particularly with -light res gear/additions she is devastating and surpassed by very few characters and not by much at that. A meteorber really starts to pack a punch with a conviction aura going for her, but for pure speed killing, go the lightning. When you see how one takes apart Shenk's mob in a Hell 8 player it's almost embarrasing. :) She will most likely become your mfer of choice, particularly over the meteorber - she just kills too fast. :)

Any immune that is not broken can usually be quickly dispatched by the merc. Once again, Black Souls come to mind so tele on them let the merc kill it, tele off onto another rinse and repeat. If the merc can take it and you can dodge on the hoof, then you'll have fun watching him get his fill. :)

Most of my characters are slated for an infinity except my hammerdin who loves the insight. As soon as I have mine made, I'll have a fight between the H'Din, the SummonNec and the light sorc. I'll probably run the sorc the most. ;)

*edit: damn speling mistooks

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

Regarding MFing with Light Sorc...

Mine is using Tal's Set (yes, I know... not good gear for light sorc...) and Insight Merc. If I manage to buy/make an Infinity and a Griffon's, she'd probably have to swap for war gear. How would she get her MF then? (no MF on Griffs, eschuta's or Crescent Moon. Maybe nigma? or she'll need CoH to compensate for the loss of resists?)

Coldsmoke

Diabloii.Net Member

I only have 210mf with my lightsorc, but she can kill so fast that it's more rewarding than a 500+mf sorc 2who kills slow. I'm 200fcr btw:)
Also with an infi merc you can run almost every area to mf, so it doesn't get boring fast.

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

That was my question... where do you get your mf at all? It seems especially difficult to get with a 200 fcr build. Small charms?

Scudstorm

Diabloii.Net Member

Thats a big bunch of scs you got there =/

Ironically enough, I made my first Infinity last night without even planning it (got 2 Bers in trades). My Tal Set light sorc is using it, but I have mana problems now without Insight...

Life is so hard :(

agelordzudo

Diabloii.Net Member

use insight as a swap wep, just keep it up long enuf to get ur mana back then switch back to ur main gear to get right back to killing

agelordzudo

Diabloii.Net Member

use insight as ur second wep (put it on a staff) and keep it up only long enough to get ur mana back, then switch back to ur gear and get back to killing

nNemethon

Diabloii.Net Member

Hijack! :badteeth:
Heehee, yup. :)

So the answer lies inside here amongst all the posts. Infin beats other polearms for mfing due to the destruction a light sorc can wield. Mana can be taken care of, the merc gets an increased MF so he can do the killing strokes. He also gains a nice CB (even nerfed for mercs, it's very nice on big bosses), and has a cool "I'm a top player" aura to boot lol. And what's wrong with drinking the blue when needed? :)

For the others, you can keep a 2x Isted ali-baba in your inv and use it in the areas where safe to switch out on the wizzy. Chancies are also very nice but there comes a balance on mana regen and fcr over magies/frosties. My old ladder lighter sorc became very proficient in these areas with switchouts when I went on the big MF runs.

Cheers, nNem.

Vespar

Diabloii.Net Member

Heehee, yup. :)

So the answer lies inside here amongst all the posts. Infin beats other polearms for mfing due to the destruction a light sorc can wield. Mana can be taken care of, the merc gets an increased MF so he can do the killing strokes. He also gains a nice CB (even nerfed for mercs, it's very nice on big bosses), and has a cool "I'm a top player" aura to boot lol. And what's wrong with drinking the blue when needed? :)

For the others, you can keep a 2x Isted ali-baba in your inv and use it in the areas where safe to switch out on the wizzy. Chancies are also very nice but there comes a balance on mana regen and fcr over magies/frosties. My old ladder lighter sorc became very proficient in these areas with switchouts when I went on the big MF runs.

Cheers, nNem.

^_^

I just got my infinity weapon on my merc and my lightning sorceress has become extremely powerful. I'm enjoying watching the "X immune" disappear when the conviction aura hits my enemies.

Even since I started MFing with infinity it seems like uniques, runes, and nice charms have rained down upon me. Got a +1 Trap skiller GC, Lightsaber, Rockstopper, and 7% MF SC in my very first run with it.

agelordzudo

Diabloii.Net Member

errrr...
i was thinking both tho, put an infinity on your merc and use insight as a backup weapon to recharge your mana when its safe