Infinity Mercenary Help

leeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
Infinity Mercenary Help

Hi,

Since i switched merc weapon from Tomb Reaver to a CV Infinity, Durga have a tendency of dying much easier (mostly because he don't have any life leach).
Switching back to reaver is not an option (I need conviction aura), so I would appreciate some tips on picking gear.

He's currently wearing:

Crown of Ages
Eth Stone Boneweave
Eth Cv Infinity

I will change helm to Andariel immedietly (I can't see any better choice) but am lost when it comes to body armor.

I was thinking of switching to one of those:

Eth Fortitude
Eth Shaftstop

Or maybe some other choice is better?

Thanks in advance for answers from experienced trapsins.

PS.
Questions:

+x to vitality doesn't help mercenaries?
+x to all skills increases his conviction and defiance auras?
DS.

order

Diabloii.Net Member
+ vitality would benefit a merc.

+ skills only affects the aura of your merc not conviction on infinity.... i think?

funpop

Diabloii.Net Member
go for

eth forti
and andy (good lifeleech) / tals mask / crown of thieves 12%

that should be enough leech because he does good damage..

i dont understand why everybody uses a CV for infi..i made it into CA

Silent Shaddow

Diabloii.Net Member
erm tbh mate i would do something really stupid and stick with tomb reaver...
or reapers for real merc survivaiblitly decrefiy! if u must stick with infinity then i suggest trying 2 keep him a like a bit harder

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
You dont say why he is dying.

My guess is that he needs leach.

I think the andy helm gives it and lots of other benifits. I would use it.

Make sure you fix the fire resist problem on that helm by socketing it and
inserting a ral.

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Mercs only have Strength and Dex... no Vitality or Energy (and no mana, to boot).

Also, Vamp Gaze. It's your friend.

What build? I solve the leech issue by using Draculs on my hybrid.

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
eth glitched COH. Huge res, +20 str, 8DR, LL, ED. What more could you want? Add a Vamp with a cham in it and you're all set.

And no + vit gear does NOT help your merc.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Get an Infinity Thresher/Giant Thresher, it beats a CV/CA by MILES. Don't listen to bnet noobs, they don't know squat about which does more damage.

Great Poleaxe isn't too bad either, but he wont be doing as much CB or elemental damage with it though, because it's slower.

Try to upgrade from that CV sometime.

Frankeinstein

Diabloii.Net Member
What about a eth Bonehew & (2) Ahmm's? Only time my merc dies is when attacking someone w/ thorns or the like. Currently using Dureils shell (trying to get an eth one), Eth bonehew & gaze.

Sure it might be over kill on the LL but he does not die too often. Thinking of going to eth CoT for helm just to see how that goes. He's a HF merc so he's great for slowing evrybody down.

BTW, slightly off topic, does a slow skill from a belt... (can't think of which one... at work ATM) stack on the HF aura from the merc? or is it the better of the 2 is used like with Palys...

Trance757

Diabloii.Net Member
What about a eth Bonehew & (2) Ahmm's? Only time my merc dies is when attacking someone w/ thorns or the like. Currently using Dureils shell (trying to get an eth one), Eth bonehew & gaze.

Sure it might be over kill on the LL but he does not die too often. Thinking of going to eth CoT for helm just to see how that goes. He's a HF merc so he's great for slowing evrybody down.

BTW, slightly off topic, does a slow skill from a belt... (can't think of which one... at work ATM) stack on the HF aura from the merc? or is it the better of the 2 is used like with Palys...

can i have your merc's crown of ages? -_-

leeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
I switched to these items which solved everything:
35xx def Fortitude
Andariel's visage

Btw: I clearly stated that switching Infinity to something else was not an option! oh well.. thx anyway.