Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity - how to build around it

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by vanil92, Jan 4, 2015.

1. vanil92

vanil92 IncGamers Member

So I have made a comeback after 7 years and started off with meteorb sorc. I just happened to get lvl 80 and drop tal armor from one of my first hell baals and thought things can't go better when this happened. My old friend noticed i started playing again and donated me with some items. Mostly trash, but there was an Infinity. Now I wonder. I have never played hybrid sorc. I always wanted to do one. But now with this item i wonder if it is even worth going orb/cl or orb/chargedbolt/nova when I can go pure lightning and still do fine. What would you do? Hybrid or pure lightning? I still have to do much mf before being capable of going pure lghtning.

2. vanil92

vanil92 IncGamers Member

I went full lightning with infinity and TR set. I've modified in in many ways and still have problems with light immunes. I even added Crescent Moon to it and still have problems. What to do? My lightning is around 15k, CL nearly at 7.

3. KansasKen

KansasKen IncGamers Member

i dont know too much about hybrid sorc. my sorc is meteor/fireball. i tried meteor/orb before and it worked well enough but the meteor/fireball is more effective just have a few in orb for the immunities. i dont know how poeple get through the game with just pure lightning considering the immuities.

Are you playing in a realm or in single player mode? i play single player, and i just cant get my sorc past hell anchients, think you could help me out so i can finally do baal runs? please thanks

4. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

The way I did it was to have the infinity in a high damage polearm, so my merc could take care of the lightning immunes. He did so quite effectively as well from what I recall. That meant only skipping light and phys immune mobs. But since I mostly played in public or with friends, they would take care of phys/light immunes, while I 1-shot the rest.

Then again that was a sorc decked out after about 2 years of playing, so I think I numbered around 46k lightning dmg. 44k if I went with full block and 43% DR (Stormshield).