Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Infinity; good, bad and ugly

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by MFDeath, Jul 1, 2010.

1. MFDeath

MFDeath IncGamers Member

Infinity; good, bad and ugly

I rolled a beautiful eth -54%elr infinity and unfortunately it's been nothing like the joyride I was expecting... Merc can't keep up, conviction has a tiny radius and even when it IS in range there's a delay before it activates--the end result is that 99% of the time eveything's long dead by the time mr. merc decides to show up and I've yet to enjoy the benefit of my investment which has me just a bit frustrated. Seems like meditation had a 2-3 screen radius in comparison... Maybe I'm just impatient but the fishy route was just more efficient, much cheaper and actually alot more fun.

So my question is how do you deal with that aura issue, nigma? I'm just afraid I'll still have to deal with that annoying aura delay even after another 2hr investment, and with even bigger mana issues due to the tele on top of it. Any suggestions appreciated.

2. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Re: Infinity; good, bad and ugly

The only variable stat that matters on Infinity is the ED.

3. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

I assume this is for a Lightning Fury zon. LF is already incredibly powerful, so it will kill everything fast without an Infinity. If you are playing solo, you won't see much of a benefit from Infinity for reasons you already mentioned. But try it out in a /players 8 cow run and you should see a difference.

You may want to change your tactics a bit. Try herding monsters together, luring them into a clump with Decoy/Valk. It might help. Of course, Enigma will help too. More money, more problems.

4. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Yeah enigma, its the way to go. It helps a ton with the aura, and keeps merc around better for tanking purposes too

5. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

On a zon, you can minimize teleportations to primarily merc placement, so it won't be a huge problem for mana.

The minus 54%Elr only applies to the merc and his attacks, namely the ctc from the weapon. Unless it's a lite sorc wielding the infinity herself for example, the -elr won't benefit you.

LF does solid damage without infinity, so to really see the benefits, your enemies need to have more hp (thus more players in game).

6. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Man you still crying about the mana :p get better cta buddy

7. MFDeath

MFDeath IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input, I guess I should have rolled that nig first chance I got long long ago instead of convincing myself I didn't need to jump on the bandwagon...
    I know the -elr on infinity only applies to whoever is wielding it; I've had numerous ingame arguments with people trying to explain it to them and they just get really angry, telling me I "believe everything I read and they only believe what they know" or some stupid BS... Anyways it's impossible to reason with these people.